*waves*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *waves*

Hi all, new here. I grew up hunting with my father, and my husband grew up hunting with his. We still take our dads, but mostly it's just the two of us. In the past few years we've started learning more about points and artifacts and what they are. I am sure like most people we've found many fields that are hunted almost out. Turned to no till. And what used to be fields are now trees. However, we still like to go when we get a chance and we have a few cases for our efforts and some really memorable finds.
    The hubby also is a beginner flint knapper.
    We still have a lot to learn and I look forward to hanging around!

Welcome from Central Illinois. I know what you are saying about sites. No till or asphalt it seems.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome Amber, from Indiana here, looking forward to seeing some of what you have in those cases!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian!
        With all the pressure on your part of the country from golf resorts and development, you ought to be finding some new sites down there in Moore County. Like you said, a lot of the old fields have gone to pines and no-till, and the pressure from hunters has cut off a lot of sites to hunt by owners tired of all of the trespassers. I know one farm where we have sole permission, but every time we hunt it there is either tracks or people in the fields. The owner is to the point of having them arrested now, after having posted his land with signs that get ignored. Most now want no one in the fields after the tobacco is set, but I've seen them walking anyhow just this week. On my wife's family's farm (a mean ole bunch) near Jackson Springs, they shoot first, ask questions later!

Comment

welcome from fl, looking forward to your post's,,twoshovel

Comment

CliffJ wrote:

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian!
            With all the pressure on your part of the country from golf resorts and development, you ought to be finding some new sites down there in Moore County. Like you said, a lot of the old fields have gone to pines and no-till, and the pressure from hunters has cut off a lot of sites to hunt by owners tired of all of the trespassers. I know one farm where we have sole permission, but every time we hunt it there is either tracks or people in the fields. The owner is to the point of having them arrested now, after having posted his land with signs that get ignored. Most now want no one in the fields after the tobacco is set, but I've seen them walking anyhow just this week. On my wife's family's farm (a mean ole bunch) near Jackson Springs, they shoot first, ask questions later!
              I know who you are. I married into the Galloway clan. Richard is my uncle-in-law. We are also friends with Charles, both sides of the family.
            We don't have sole permission anywhere but are lucky enough to have permission on several farms out here. And we've lucked up on a couple of developmental areas. We are always very respectful, I know the farmers get so tired of people. Most we know don't care that we look but of course we have enough respect not to drive in the fields, trample the crops, etc.

Comment

Welcome from Northern Kentucky

Comment

I know who you are. I married into the Galloway clan. Richard is my uncle-in-law. We are also friends with Charles, both sides of the family.
                We don't have sole permission anywhere but are lucky enough to have permission on several farms out here. And we've lucked up on a couple of developmental areas. We are always very respectful, I know the farmers get so tired of people. Most we know don't care that we look but of course we have enough respect not to drive in the fields, trample the crops, etc.
                Well hey there Autumn! I believe I know Dustin and Ernie too! And of course Rockin' Richard. We'll have to compare some rocks at one of Charles' parties- one's about due, with the new granddaughter and all don't you think......

Comment

CliffJ wrote:

Well hey there Autumn! I believe I know Dustin and Ernie too! And of course Rockin' Richard. We'll have to compare some rocks at one of Charles' parties- one's about due, with the new granddaughter and all don't you think......
                    He is about due to put one on. I always enjoy his parties. We are heading up his way sometime this week to see him. Ernie is my father-in-law and Dusty my brother-in-law. I married the middle boy, Josh. It's a small world!

Comment

Working...
                  X