Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a tutorial ?

I’m just wanting to post some photos of arrowheads & spear heads
    see if anyone knows their value & what stones they likely are made from.
    some are family heirlooms others are
    ones I’ve been given. Not sure the best way to start, since I joined this site today. Any suggestions? I may be willing to sell some

THE BEST (BUT NOT THE ONLY) WAY TO POST PICTURES [see important note for tablet and smartphone users at the bottom] Start a new thread by clicking on the "NEW
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com

This may help too:

GETTING THE MOST FROM YOUR POST - ArrowHeads.com
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Welcome post some photos love to see what you have . Give a little info like where found and something for size like a coin / ruler with photo .

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

Welcome from Central Pa Sunshine. My advice is to just sit down and surf the site. When you need help, be specific with your questions and one or more will help you. Kim
            Last edited by Mattern; 01-04-2021, 02:52 PM. Reason: Addition.
            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Welcome. I hope you like this site so much that you’ll end up loving the things you’ve acquired! If you have any personal interest in subjects like ancient man, the way we lived, and how we all got to the culture we celebrate today, you have found so much more than you think now! You on tap for vast knowledge, information and passion!
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

I can’t seem to get photos to post,
                apparently they are too large and
                can’t be resized on this site. I’m using iPhone 6
                for photos. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Cecilia
                  Cecilia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is there an “edit” option on your phone? I have older phone, and that’s what I do.

Yeah, you'll have to resize them in your phone.

Note that our server has an upload limit of 2 Megabytes for individual pictures and the forum has a display size limit of 1440 x 900 pixels. Although you can upload a 2 Megabyte picture, the forum software will then make an attempt to scale your picture to a convenient size for display which approximates to 1400 pixels in the largest dimension. Pictures which exceed these limits, or which the software cannot re-size (it may struggle if you upload multiple large pictures in one go), will typically generate an “Invalid File” error message. You may need to re-size them yourself.
                From Roger's helpful hints.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Here is tutorial on how to resize using an iphone.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I'm neither an Apple fan nor an iPhone/iPad user, so can't give you any advice based on personal experience. But if you Google "resize pictures on iPhone 6" there are loads of web tutorials that tell you how to do this and in some cases they recommend downloading an image editing app to give you more flexibility about your choices.
                    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Welcome. If your purpose here is to get a money value on them, we don’t do that. We will however help you figure out what you have.
                      South Dakota

Comment

• Cecilia
                        Cecilia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, please.
                    Working...
                    X