Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Phoenix AZ

Hello,
    My name is Michael Pechacek Sr. from Phoenix AZ . Ive been in AZ about 32 years having migrated, from the east coast around the Washington DC area , and the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia . I collect many things .Militaria mostly , which I buy and sale too . About a little over a year ago I started to trade for what turned out to be a rather large collection of Central Texas arrowheads , spearpoints and tools . They seem to be a good portion of a collection of a man named "Avis Riley ". I found this out buy compairing his numbers written on the points to ones published by " "Texas Beyond History " on the net . There was a good group of Clovis ( and some Pre-Clovis ) and other paleo types that struck a good interest in me to begin a rather serious amount of research and reading .But I've reached a point where some types are either rare or untyped and I cannot find out what some types are . So I figured , I would be better off reaching out to the collecting community to find out if any of these could be indentified by collectors within this community .
    I must admit that with the Professional community I have had some very good help by Dr. Holiday here in Arizona , and some frustration with people Like Dr. Waters inTexas . Some of the " better "points are world class , but on some artifacts like a auger type drill bit I have , are written off as a broken arrowpoint ( with one small chip out of the distal end ) rather than any real interest in something that may be new . The collection had no find spots but it is known that the original collector only collected in a certain area , " Central Texas " and no more than a certain distance from his home . So I hope to be able to humbly ask for some ID and maybe show off a few very nice points out of the 200 pounds of old ditreous .
    Michael 2

Welcome to the site Michael. Post away. There are some Texas folks here that know their stuff and many not from Texas that aren't to shabby at ID too. Please put something in for scale and be patient, people log when they get the opportunity.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the site Michael.....look forward to seeing your collection....im located in Tennessee
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome to the forum from coastal VA. I look forward to seeing your photos.
        Deb
        Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome post away we love photos .

Comment

A warm welcome from Florida.
            Floridaboy.

Comment

I too welcome you from Central Pa. Michael. You'll find serious minded people here that are more than willing to help in you I.D. your collection, and we love to see Artifacts! Just remember that we are not saints, we'll give you the best of our knowledge. Kim
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, good to have you here.
                🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome from Georgia and looking forward to seeing the collection
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Welcome, this sounds very interesting.
                    South Carolina

Comment

Welcome!
                      South Dakota

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                        X