Indian artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian artifacts

Hi everyone I live in Maryland and have been Artifacts hunting since last May and have made some nice finds at a farm in Frederick county.
    I’m a bit confused about this site and what and how to send pictures of my finds to determine what types of artifacts and material they are made of. Please help

Welcome to the forum Chief, ..Don’t know about your area but be assured you will get some help
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Apache Chief
      Apache Chief commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! Good luck to you Hal.
      Love me some Florida!!

Welcome from Minnesota.. all this information is at your fingertips.. new members area.. tutorials & how do I...?
    is the place to start....✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Apache Chief
      Apache Chief commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Info Thanks, stay warm the real cold is coming soon I believe.

Pick an appropriate sub forum and post pics in it.
    Creating a new topic is easy in our new forum. First distinguish what page you are on. See the photo below. Notice the topic heading along the left side with the

THE BEST (BUT NOT THE ONLY) WAY TO POST PICTURES [see important note for tablet and smartphone users at the bottom] Start a new thread by clicking on the "NEW
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Apache Chief
      Apache Chief commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info !

Welcome from Georgia Chief, looking forward seeing some Maryland artifacts.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome to the forum from coastal VA!
      Child of the tides

Comment

I tried sending you pictures of 2 of my finds not sure I’m doing this correct I’m new with the smart phones. Let me know if you get the pictures. Thanks for your interest. If the pictures don’t get to you I will get my son to help me and I will send another time.

Comment

• tomf
          tomf commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think you succeeded.

Let's try again:

In the reply box area, you will see three square boxes at the top, on the right. First one has a icon of a clip-paper on it. Select that, and at the bottom of the box you write in, you'll find buttons that allow you to 'upload' or 'link'.
          Choose 'upload button' and follow prompt to navigate to the pictures on your phone or computer. Most often you go to your Gallery or Photo app.
          Select your picture and it will upload.
          When process is complete (seconds) you'll see a thumbnail of pic just below reply box and choices about the size you prefer to display the pics. Make your choice. Preview your post and, if all is as you want it, hit send.

Hopefully I got that right. Otherwise do what everybody else does and mess up a few times before you figure it out. Or, even better, follow the advice about reading the 'how to' posts.

Welcome to the site chief. You are getting some good help and advice. Be patient and it will all come together soon.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

I learned this hard way: don’t post more than 8 pics (sometimes lil’ picture-posting fairy likes 6 as maximum); and make sure they're right-sized. Your cell phone should be able to downsize them if necessary. Welcome, and good luck!
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Welcome from central Pa. Chief. I lived in Lancaster Pa. for years, so I'm looking forward to your posts, once you figure it all out. When I post, I send my Picts. to my computer first. Than I can resize them if I need to. I use the "Upload Attachments" Icon. Than find them in MY Pictures and post. I usually select the medium size. For a real close up I use Large size. I hope that helps. We all went through this so don't be afraid if you make a mistake. Kim
                Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Apache Chief
                  Apache Chief commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank You Kim for the kind words. I’m starting to figure things out.
                  The area and site I’m hunting Frederick County Maryland has known settlements on each side of the monocracy river but a lot of what I’m finding there is crudely made but has definitely signs of work on them a lot have grinding and polishing and they have the triangle shape that can’t be by accident it’s purposefully done. I have found hundreds of them. Maybe some are preforms. Most of the pictures I post are dismissed as just natural rocks and I’m sure some are but if one would have in hand they could tell they are not all natural rocks and could see what I’m saying. Maybe the Frederick county Native Americans just didn’t make them like what I see in books and online. I wish I could find someone that has found artifacts in Frederick so I can compare. I’m not in denial and respect people’s opinions but I’m frustrated.
              Working...
              X