Allred Intro to The Foum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allred Intro to The Foum

I Have already posted a few pics, and just saw this intro section. From Utah introduced to ancient Americans via Anasazi culture in S. Utah as young boy. Found first almost whole point in central Montana in 1983 on research trip. Found first whole point in Central Oregon in 1992 when randomly broke down in truck in middler of no where while rabbit hunting. Found a few partials in CA when lived there. Found one rough limestone point in NC when lived there. Moved back to OR 2010, and new friend showed me several ancient campgrounds within 1/2 mile to a mile of my work at 73 acre Research Station. These sites have been very productive since introduced in January 2012, with over 50 whole points, and 2 whole atlatl weights, and hundreds of partials found there. Look forward to many shared pics, stories, and discussions. Thanks for friendly support!
    Darin
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Well Darin, I feel you been around a while but welcome from central Illinois anyway. I have enjoyed your threads and artifacts.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome from Michigan.

Comment

And a welcome from Connecticut, I've enjoyed what you've posted so far.
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

Welcome again from Kansas, enjoy your posts.
          Joe.

Comment

Welcome from TN. dont let my avatar fool you!
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks for making me feel welcome and included in discussions with you veterans/experts.  btw, what is the story with points showing up?
              D

Comment

We had a contest last year. The person with the most posts won the prize. It has never been re-set since that time. the top five posters received an Overstreets # 12 arrowhead ID book.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome Darin from Ohio.  Seems like you have quite a diversification in findings in the different states. Welcome and look fwd, To seeing your pics_Bill

Comment

Welcome Darin, from Indiana here.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

test

Comment

Post contest Sounds fun!  I had posted a "contest" under "Micro Point" trhead, of who could document the smallest point. I would provide prize, if they dared provide mailing address - thought of a large natural nodule (softball to cantelope size) of obsidian, for those who dont't have obsidian in their area or rock garden...Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X