New from Central Ohio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Central Ohio!

What’s up guys, this is my first post on the forum so sorry if I didn’t put it in the right section! So to get started, I’m from central Ohio and I just started lookin for arrowheads about a year and a half ago - I just graduated from college and had some free time so all I did was hike, mushroom hunt and look for arrowheads for a couple months before I started my job! Those couple months were the first time I had free in a long time so I decided I would start lookin for some arrowheads because I’ve always been fascinated with native culture in my area. I really want to find one on my aunts property in Knox County, OH because my grandfather was one of the first settlers in the area and actually founded the city Mount Vernon and her property is only a few miles from his original land holdings! There’s stories in all the Knox county history books about my grandpa Benjamin Butler and him having dinner with the natives in the area - one story said they boiled an entire deer whole with the fur on to cook and he kindly declined that meal haha. Anyways I really want to find one out on my aunt property because I connect so much with my grandpa and he could’ve been hanging out with those natives that made the arrowhead I found! Over the past year and a half you can say I’ve gotten kind of obsessed with the hobby and keep bringing rocks home to study haha. Well I’m pumped to find my first one and I have lots of pieces of chert/flint that I’m excited to hear about what you guys think. I also bought quite a few because I’m so obsessed and I will show you guys those as well. Anyway thanks for letting me join, I can’t wait to hear what everyone has to say.

Hey PocketFullOfFlint welcome from North Carolina!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

A warm welcome from Safety Harbor Florida, 1038.5 miles to the south...I like your bio...I’m confident you’ll find that first point very soon...
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• PocketFullOfFlint
        PocketFullOfFlint commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Hal, I’m determined to get it that’s for sure haha. I don’t wanna speak too soon but this year has been a good year to me so far, so I think with the same drive I can get this done. I found my first patch of morels and my first deer shed this year and they happened to be a perfect 8 point pair right on top of each other, what are the chances of that!? If I could find my first point this year, it would probably make it one of the most memorable years!

Welcome to arrowheads.com forum pages. We wish you all the best in the hunt.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome to Arrowheads.com from Ga. do you ever get down to the Flint Ridge knap-in i see you are right above it.
      Last edited by willjo; 07-16-2021, 09:20 PM.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• PocketFullOfFlint
        Editing a comment
        No sir, I have not. Ive honestly never heard of it, but I’m excited to check it out! Have you been?

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i have been and hope to go this year, neat event on Flint Ridge Museum site.

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent you a p.m. with Flint ridge flyer on it

Welcome to Arrowheads.com Pocket full. I like your enthusiasm, and pardon me saying so but you site name is too long. If your going to post stuff may I suggest an abbreviation or nickname. I also hope you have the Great Spirit guiding you through the fields. Show em when you find em. Your with the best Artifact collectors in the country!!! Except for me I can be a nag. LOL. Kim from Central Pa.
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Your passion and enthusiasm are contagious!
        Good luck!
        Know my son and I are cheering you on from western PA. I think you are in a fine area for some artifacts.
        Flint Eastwood
        northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

Welcome and good luck
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome. Glad you are here
          South Dakota

Comment

Welcome, Pocket! Long ago, I gotta copy of periodical about stone tools published by The Ohio Archeological Society, Ohio Archeologist, Vol. 16, No. 4, October 1966. I was enthralled! You can download pdf free from this site:

Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• PocketFullOfFlint
              Editing a comment
              I just bought two books from them a couple months ago, I am thinking of joining the society here soon so I can get all the yearly journals, I really like their books!

welcome to the site
            Wyoming

Comment

Welcome and happy hunting.
              West Georgia​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, glad to have you here.
                🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

I'm a newbie residing in licking county. Good to see someone close to my AO.

Comment

• PocketFullOfFlint
                    Editing a comment
                    Sweet, I will have to keep on your posts - I am curious what everyone around my area finds! Good luck to ya!
                Working...
                X