Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Licking County Ohio

Hello all,
    my name is Mike and I'm thankful to be a part of this fine community. I started collecting native American artifacts around 14 years of age. At that time, I lived in Denton county Texas. I amassed over 350 arrowheads, tools, and pottery. I also have a native American baby tooth in my collection. Over the years I lost many of them moving to different states. Luckily I still have about half my collection. I now reside in licking county ohio for the past eight years. I moved to Ohio back in 92.

My Ohio collection is quite small. I'm getting the bug to hunt for more artifact. I've done a lot of research on my current area, and I have some promising leads that will up my chances. As most of you know licking county had a massive Indian population.

More from Denton

Comment

These are my Ohio Finds. My tools and pottery pieces from Texas are boxed away, I'll post them in the near future.

Comment

Welcome to the site and nice collection.
        Just a suggestion Mike, lose the tooth, bury back where you found it or repatriate. It is illegal to own!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That baby tooth was found in Little Elm Texas back in 89. I'll have to bury it in Ohio this afternoon.

Comment

Hi Mike, Welcome to our forum from Alabama. Hope you do well in your future hunting in Ohio. FWIW, I wouldn't sweat the tooth thing unless you took it from a burial site and you realized that was the case. That is a no-no as you likely know. No souvenirs from graves.

Comment

It's not from a burial site, that I know. The tooth looks exactly like a child's tooth that a child lost when their adult teeth come in. Unfortunately, I'm not a tooth fairy and it is a bit too late lol.

Comment

Welcome from Florida Mike..it certainly looks like you know how to find em..cool collection...
                Floridaboy.

Comment

welcome to arrowheads.com forum pages
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from Georgia
                    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome. You are ground zero for flint artifacts. Have you been to the Flint Ridge Museum yet? Labor Day weekend they usually have a show and sale, mainly new stuff there. I THINK they are having one this year. Have you been to Mrs. Nether's place? There are aboriginal pieces laying mixed in with newly mined stuff.

Comment

I went to flint ridge back in the late 90s found a big white scraper which is posted in my pictures. I plan on going again this fall to the nethers farm. Hopefully next weekend I'll have time to explore an area a few miles from my house where to streams emerge. A friend of mine found a Clovis point five miles from home close to a stream. He said it was a camp site.
                        Last edited by Savage1!; 07-24-2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

These are my Ohio finds before I got back into the hobby again. I moved to Ohio in 92', so these were found around 94 or 95 estimate.
                          Last edited by Savage1!; 08-09-2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

The upper mercer knife was found a few years ago in the creek I was hunting in recent. The rest are from the mid nineties.

Comment

Welcome
                              South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X