Hello All - From AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All - From AL

Glad to find there is a bit easier to read and larger font sizes here, for starters! A big hello from Alabama. I found your forums when searching for answers on my very first artifact find, and was eager to join and find opinions and so glad it is an active forum. Thank you for all your help!

I've hunted artifacts and fossils/teeth in the past, never had luck finding artifacts. This is my first and inspired us to keep searching! My grandmother had a pond dug many years ago, and only us kids seemed to pay attention and be really excited about the sheer amount of fossils and shark's teeth that came up. I can't access that area these days, but it was an early introduction to the neat things found in our state.

I look forward to learning more here, and eventually sharing a bit more about us.

Welcome to the site....lot of information found here on the site and very knowledgeable folks......look forward to seeing your future finds homestead.....nw middle tn here
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcomes

Comment

Welcome. Get back in the stream. Any little spot of gravel could have artifacts. There are certainly more there.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, keep looking; Alabama holds plenty of awesome artifacts.
            🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome to the forum, glad you've joined us.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Indeed, I am very super excited to get back at the search any time I can now. It was a very inspiring find.

Comment

I too welcome you Homestead. You have a good start. I found a few Artifacts near Huntsville along the Tennessee river. I'll have to get them out and post some pictures for you. Kim from Central Pa.
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• sailorjoe
                    sailorjoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Kim. That was in my old hunting grounds. I'd like to see some of the stuff I missed cause I know I was hunting there a long time before you were there. There are so many sites in that general area that it staggers the mind. There are more than one person could ever hunt if that is all he had to do. The problem nowadays is that on so much farmland the farmers are not raising crops as they use to. Lots of the smaller crop farms are now being used to raise cattle..

Welcome from another Alabamian. I live in Baldwin Co. now but in my old collecting days I hunted in north Alabama and a little bit in middle TN. In AL I hunted primarily in Morgan, Limestone and Madison counties. I haven't hunted for a very long time but I still retain a big interest in archaeology and Native American artifacts made of rocks. So since you are from AL I may be able to help you with your point identification. I generally don't call them arrowheads because most of the pointy rocks that folks call arrowheads that I found were in fact not arrowheads. I look forward to seeing your finds.

Comment

Welcome from SC! Can't wait to see what you've collected.
                    South Carolina

Comment

Did about 2 hours of slow walking and looking down and turning things over in the branch, and some panning in that area. No luck, just a horrible thunderstorm rolling in with a strike so close it sent me running uphill to the house (here I thought it was just a light rain). Did a long stretch walking today, no panning. I have one more part I want to cover before more rain moves in. The goal is to check back after ever heavy rain and see what changes. Here all this time before I was just hunting for old glass bottles and animal tracks!

No luck today, but I hope to post something again one day. I'll keep on trying, but even one find is precious to me.

Comment

Howdy from Texas. Happy hunting (and be careful of that lightning!)

Comment

Working...
                        X