Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy everyone

Hello
    Thought i would introduce myself before making any more posts. I'm from west central montana, 35 years old I've always been a outdoorsman hunting, running hounds and for a little over two years obsessively looking for points. My grandpa in Nevada had a large collection of artifacts he had collected in his younger years as a professional trapper in the Nevada mountains. When I was growing up I loved going to his house and seeing all his stuff it was like a museum only better because you could touch most of the stuff, unfortunately I never got to go out hunting points with him due to on going health issues and he passed away 3 years ago. I inherited from him a small frame of points, drills, scrapper and beads and that was all it took to light the fire I'm hooked now, any time the grounds bare winter and spring I'm hunting and when it snows I'm going around getting permission for when it melts off and chasing lions haha. God bless and happy hunting. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220408_220603.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	625263 lithics and bone beads are from Nevada the glass trade beads where dug in new York by my grandpa's cousin years ago
    West central Montana. God bless and happy hunting!

Welcome nice Story and Introduction.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum, nice introduction
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice frame of artifacts, welcome to forum from Ga.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That's cool welcome from MO.
          Missouri

Comment

Welcome. The hobby is addictive....most never recover.

Comment

Welcome!
              South Dakota

Comment

Welcome from west central Florida

Thanks for the interesting introduction...Granpa had good eyes and a keen sense of adventure or so it would seem ..That’s a special collection.

Floridaboy.

Comment

Sounds like you will fit right in here! Welcome from Arkansas!
                  SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Welcome from SW Georgia, good to have you here.
                    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone, in just the short time I've been using the forum I've learned a ton of information. Hope you all don't get sick of me asking questions I've got a lot to learn thanks again.
                      West central Montana. God bless and happy hunting!

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Howdy from Texas!

Comment

I also like to chase the big kitties! Post some pics!! There is a section called "the great outdoors".. some of us would like em...
                            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• FrontRange
                              FrontRange commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Will do with all the fresh snow we got the last couple of days I'll be hunting the rest of the week. I'm training two new pups so been a slow season only have treed 6 lions so far, chased about 15 but my oldest dogs are 3 year olds and my two new recruits are 1 year olds, I started from scratch so big learning curve for me and the dogs, I have three Cameron blueticks and a redbone.
                          Working...
                          X