Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm Katrina from Louisiana, new to this site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm Katrina from Louisiana, new to this site.

I have a few items that I've found on private property here in Central Louisiana.. I am also new to finding these type artifacts (any artifacts for that matter) so i am eager to learn more about them.. Im afraid to post anything that doesn't pertain to the rules so, for now, this is my introduction.
    Hey Y'all! 😁 I hope you're all having a good day!

Post em up! Welcome to the forum!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Welcome from East TN!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Howdy, welcome from West central Missouri. You're doing great so far, don't see where you've broken any rules...yet 😉. Looking forward to seeing what you've found

Comment

Welcome to forum from Ga.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I had to resize the pic because the file was too large so, i just cut it down..
            Last edited by Katarina; 06-21-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, hate to say it but all those in your picture are natural. Stick around and check out others post; alot to learn here.
              🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome from west central Florida.
                Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome Katarina! When you new to artifacts, bound to post things that are not. When I first joined, I knew very little ‘bout stone artifacts, and I asked lotsa dumb Qs to go along with my just rocks. I had never seen knapping outside of museum exhibits, but this forum tolerant, patient, encouraging, and very, very, very knowledgeable. If keep at it, listen, read, you will learn, and you will find artifacts! Then everybody here be happy!
                  Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Thank you!
                    I was having trouble uploading anything at all..

Comment

• Cecilia
                      Cecilia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, sizing is everything when posting pics. I downsize original with own app, then usually pick “medium” in options presented in forum’s “Uploading Attachments” process. You catch on; I did!

• Mattern
                      Mattern commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Now this one has potential. Kim

• Midwestener
                      Midwestener commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This one was altered by man, but not much. They may have gave up on it, who knows. You're on the right track though

Welcome to our forum from Alabama. The first photos are just rocks as other members have already told you but the last one you posted looks kinda like a rock that has been worked on by man.

Comment

Welcome Katrina, your in the greatest place to learn about First Nation and all their tools. Post what you find, people here are always willing to help each other. Kim from Central Pa.
                      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Hi Katrina. There was once a bad storm down your way. Welcome

Comment

This one's a little different but you can see where someone chipped away at it to get this shape a very long time ago..

Comment

• Midwestener
                            Midwestener commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Shes all natural

Welcome from UpNorth… keep kick’n dirt…✌️
                          Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Working...
                          X