No announcement yet.

Hello! Collection from Southwest Iowa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Collection from Southwest Iowa.

Hello! First time poster here. I recently came upon a collection that my deceased great-grandpa collected and wanted to share to see if anyone had any general insight on any one of these.

These were all collected in Mills County, in the Southwest corner of Iowa.

I think it is very cool to be handling something someone spent so much time making many years ago.

Thanks, and can’t wait to hear any and all input!

Nice collection
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome and thanks for sharing your collection. Pretty nice
      South Dakota

Comment

Nice !!! Perhaps You May Find A Few of your Own to ad to them ! I like the Old Corn Husker !
        New Jersey

Comment

Welcome to our forum. I see points from the Early Archaic era (7 to 10 thousand years ago down thru Woodland times that just preceded the times of European contact. Some of the Early Archaic pieces are very nice.

Comment

• EPL
            EPL commented
            Editing a comment
            Appreciate the input. I am trying to obtain a beginners level knowledge about identifying types and periods of each of these, any particular resources you would recommend?

Nice intro, welcome to the forum.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice collection.. Welcome to the forum from the bluegrass state..Cheers!
            North Central Kentucky

Comment

Nice inheritance! I see a few symmetrically perfect artifacts in that group...

Comment

Welcome from West Central Florida ...it’s so cool that your grandfather found those and you are interested in them👍🇺🇸
                Floridaboy.

Comment

I too welcome you EPL. He found a variety for sure and a couple of really super specimen's. Hang around here and you defiantly will learn things There is a wealth of knowledge here at arrowheads.com. And some really smart people. Kim from Pa.
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

That big fine white point on the right may be a Hardin

Comment

I keep thinking our Midwest members might id thise fir you. I'm a long way from you but the fine side notched might be a Big Sandy and the white point might be a very nice Hardin. Those two are quite rare and collectable. Some of the others are pretty nice too..

mid west gurus please feel free to correct me if I missed it .

Also there is a web site called projectilepoints.net
                      Although not perfect, it is a really good resource for identifying points
                      Last edited by Garguy; 12-02-2022, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Welcome EPL! ….maybe you got a lil shiver when you handled something made thousands of yrs ago?
                        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Thanks for sharing that nice Collection and Welcome to The Forum.
                          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                          X