Knives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knives?

Even if most of you dont do fishing lures, I am sure most of you collect knives. Even if you only have a couple,  thats a start. Been wanting to get a couple bowie and or hunting knives after seeing some on late night tv and came across this for 5 bucks at the flea market. Now it wasnt made down the street and didnt cost an arm and leg, its a knife though, a sturdy one at that!
    Surely you all collect knives. :laugh:

http://joshinmo.weebly.com

I did way back when.......but I got rid of them when Lorraine Bobbit was making news. :sick: :sick: hmy: :unsure: :evil: :woohoo:
    Naw I still have a few but dont have many pic's of them. but here is a Wyoming knife.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That looks like 1 intimidating surgical device! hmy:  :laugh:  Neat

Comment

Those are cool!
        I don't collect knives like that but my hubby does. He has several.  I like pocket knives myself. I've  got 5 or 6 different ones I carry depending on my mood or what I'm wearing and have a hard time going to a gun/knife show and not bringing home another one.

Comment

I have had lots of nice knives but when I was busy in the antique business some years ago they were too good a seller for me to collect them.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

:laugh: I never leave home without one!  ive been an avid knife thrower for years,and back when i still lived at my parents house i had a big target set up against a tree in my front yard,and all the younger neighborhood kids would stand off to the side and watch me throw all the time,they all called me "KNIFE GUY"! LOL! and i used to train pretty heavily with some friends of mine doing full contact sparring and weapon training (knifes,sticks,staffs,clubs,e.t.c) i would take pages of newspaper and roll em" up and tape em" and we would use them for knife sparring.hurts like hell too! lol! rolled up newspaper jammed into yer ribs makes for a good time amongst friends! lol! anyways,ya,ive got an o.k. knife and sword collection.i'll have to borrow my roommates camera to take some pic's...mine died.
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Me gottie bunches.
              Given up at airport.
              All pocket knives.
              Lots of different styles.
              Hand made and otherwise.
              Most are Swiss Army.
              Never thought to take a picture of knives before, unless it was pointy stone.
              Jess B.
              It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
              It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
              Circa:1982

Comment

I collected traded sold knives for years. Have bought and sold every knife made from 1830 bowies to just about every old pocket knife made. Only knife I never found was a scagel. Here are a few of mine. Mostly whittlers

Comment

im more of a knife user, but i do collect them as well. heres a few that i use all the time.

first is my trusty Old Timer. i carry this one when im out hunting to process what i get with.i use the smallest blade on it the most, out of all my knifes this one holds the sharpest,strongest edge,nuthin beats an Old Timer blade. the next is one of my EDC's, my Swiss Champ. it goes in my bag wherever i go,and i always find a reason to need something on it. and the last is my main EDC (every day carry) knife, my CRKT Apache 2. its got a 2 1/2 inch cutting surface with partial serration and is worn openly on my belt in a leather sheath i made for it and is completely street legal for my state. i wear it all day everyday everywhere i go.and when i dont have it on for some reason i'll find myself reaching back for it and it not being there gives me a quick moment of panic :laugh: its like going for yer wallet and it not being there! this one is an antique Kinjal style fighting knife i bought from a friend of mine. the original leather grip and covering over the handmade wooden sheath was old and worn away so i rewrapped it all in s.sinew and waxed it over.this thing is a monster if you know how to use a double bladed dagger, and its razor sharp!

Comment

this is my Bushcraftin" knife, my modified MoraKniv. mora's are are great all purpose blade and come shaving sharp right outta the box. you can get one for under 20 bucks usually. the sheath is all handmade by me.

Comment

My small horde of blades. I am a big fan of cutlery and I always have been. Jay you are so right about the Old Timers it is my go to for carry. I love the small Canoe shaped folders for collecting the form seems unusual to me.  I have two in here from Case three from Hen and Rooster and one from Robert Klass. They have been opened and oiled but never cut a thing.     I have a cold Steel master hunter put away with my hunting gear. Makes me sad to even look in that box. About the Cold Steel blade though,  talk about a sharp knife cold steel makes awesome knife steel easy to sharpen and holds an edge as well as any Old Timer I have ever owned. 
                      My favorite knife form is the drop point.  probably can tell from the pictures huh?

Something in there for just about anything that comes my way!

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

ive got a few cold steel knifes myself Hoss, though only the cheaper ones! :laugh: heres a CS roach belly that i put my own handle on, this one is elk antler. i made the sheath too.

ive also got the Canadian belt knife,the Bushman,a few of their throwing knifes and 2 of their tomahawks, actually only 1 now, i lost my trailhawk last fall. :S

Comment

Awesome stuff guys!
                          Here's an "imported" one. Gave chipaway to daughter.

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

ive got a few cold steel knifes myself Hoss, though only the cheaper ones! :laugh: heres a CS roach belly that i put my own handle on, this one is elk antler. i made the sheath too.

ive also got the Canadian belt knife,the Bushman,a few of their throwing knifes and 2 of their tomahawks, actually only 1 now, i lost my trailhawk last fall. :S
                            You put your heart into it , very nice Jay!

Comment

My little greaser, heh,heh heh. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X