Knives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chase wrote:

I did way back when.......but I got rid of them when Lorraine Bobbit  was making news. :sick:  :sick:  hmy:  :unsure:  :evil:  :woohoo:
    Naw I still have a few but dont have many pic's of them. but here is a Wyoming knife.
    Finally figured out what that is  :laugh:  A gut cutter. :laugh:
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

im more of a knife user, but i do collect them as well. heres a few that i use all the time.

first is my trusty Old Timer. i carry this one when im out hunting to process what i get with.i use the smallest blade on it the most, out of all my knifes this one holds the sharpest,strongest edge,nuthin beats an Old Timer blade. the next is one of my EDC's, my Swiss Champ. it goes in my bag wherever i go,and i always find a reason to need something on it. and the last is my main EDC (every day carry) knife, my CRKT Apache 2. its got a 2 1/2 inch cutting surface with partial serration and is worn openly on my belt in a leather sheath i made for it and is completely street legal for my state. i wear it all day everyday everywhere i go.and when i dont have it on for some reason i'll find myself reaching back for it and it not being there gives me a quick moment of panic :laugh: its like going for yer wallet and it not being there! this one is an antique Kinjal style fighting knife i bought from a friend of mine. the original leather grip and covering over the handmade wooden sheath was old and worn away so i rewrapped it all in s.sinew and waxed it over.this thing is a monster if you know how to use a double bladed dagger, and its razor sharp!
      That's a unique looking swiss army knife. hmy:  :dunno:

Comment

Your some collector hoss!  :woohoo:

Comment

I have never collected knives but I have accumulated a few. The hunting knives and fillet knives have been used lots and I have not given them the TLC they deserve.
          This is a group of Rapid River Knives and Bark River knives. Both factories are just a few miles from my home. Many people collect the Rapid River knives and the Bark River Knives. Hundreds of these knives have been given as raffle prizes at the annual meeting of the UP Bearhoundsman Association. The fillet knife is 12 1/2 inches.

Here are a few hunting knives. I purchased the pearl handled knives about 50 years ago and they have been on hundreds of hunts. My favorite knives the Old Timers have had lots of use. My Brother Darwin made the knife on the right.

The Fillet Knives have prepared hundreds of fish frys.

Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

The fleshing knife and skinning knife have had lots of use as well.

One of my most useful knives is the Papermaker.  :laugh:

Michigan Yooper

Comment

$5.00 wallyworld hippygirl knife

A special old knife

B)

Comment

Hey Josh, Not a knife but I thought you would like my new Freedom Brand hatchet.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	FB Hatchet a.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	261090Click image for larger version

Name:	FB Hatchet b.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	538.8 KB
ID:	261091
                Michigan Yooper

Comment

• JoshinMO
                  JoshinMO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's cool Ron! Come to think of it I have a Knife from You that fit's in here well.

Thanks for bringing this topic back up Ron.
                I have been wanting to ask if any of you are fans of the show Forged in Fire?
                "Forged in Fire" judge Jason Knight describes how he grew up fascinated with swords and knives and what it's like to witness a bladesmithing renaissance in t...
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• JoshinMO
                  JoshinMO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have watched a few episodes, it's cool.

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I watch very few reality shows Josh but I can't get enough of that one.
              Working...
              X