A Gift from Havenhunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Gift from Havenhunter

I received a package yesterday from Deb from Va. I wonderful 18th century pipe, which she found recently downstream from the settlement at Jamestown. She told me she had found two that day, and since I had recently mentioned in my pipe form thread that I had always wanted to find an 18th century or older pipe style, she very kindly sent me one of her recent finds. Thank you so much for your kindness, Deb! It is very much appreciated.

The first three photos are of the pipe Deb found. So nice! The other photos are older pipes we have found, all on the shoreline, and 19th century. Although the 4th photo could be 20th century. And the last photo is native, circa 1500 AD. That one is not a personal find, and is from a shell heap in Ma.

Rhode Island

Wow. That was awesome for her to do that. Nice pipes.

Comment

Nice addition to the collection Charlie and very nice on your part Deb.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I told Charlie I don't find enough points to give away any but I did have some clay pipes to share. Others on the forum & fellow VA hunters have been kind enough to me in the past, I wanted
        to reciprocate in kind.

You are a lucky man Charlie.
      Deb the detail around the top is fantastic.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        I like that too. They remind me of tally marks.

That was awesome of Deb. The only thing that tops the actual finding of an artifact is sharing by giving. Charlie - you be one lucky guy and can finally fill that niche. ...Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Sweet Nice gift Deb.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thats a very generous gift! Thanks for showing it!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
          X