License plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License plates

Any one collect license plates, I was down at a flee market visiting a friend that had a booth and he had license plates, I picked up a couple and the collection started to grow.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Cool, check Swapmeet's too if You need more.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

If you need a South Dakota, let me know
      South Dakota

Comment

Only some of the ones that I find Johnny. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I have only saved a few of the plates that I have found detecting Johnny.
          Back in the fifties instead of purchasing a whole new plate they had half plates that you bought with they year and you would attach that to the original plate.
          That is why the 54 looks like it does. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170501_074853.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	248965My best plate has to be the 1914.
          Unfortunately the rust has gotten underneath the porcelain. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170501_074818.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	248966
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Those were really neat Bruce
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Lord, no. I have enough bad habits! 🙄
              Bur let us know if there are particular states you're looking for & I'll keep an eye out.
              Child of the tides

Comment

This is such a late reply but going way down in Georgia I am sure to find ya one . 😁

Comment

This from today.............http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41532658
                  If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

• willjo
                    willjo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, was an interesting article.

• Havenhunter
                    Havenhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    $4000 for a dozen old license plates? And I thought all of us had rocks in our heads. Ha!

Seen some in a box at a resale/collector store yesterday.
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• willjo
                    willjo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have picked up some that way, but a friend at a local salvage yard let me collect some there and I usually trade them for some I don't have.

What don't you have darlin'?
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Something to think about in all this............is that we spend forty some years collecting (anything) then the `burden` of getting rid of it all falls on a bereaved family member or sadder still like the man in the article having to sell it all off to `spare` said family member!! Man! that `would` me kill me! So i`m on a course to find the next generation.....someones gotta love my junk

Comment

• Havenhunter
                      Havenhunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Like minds. I've started taking things to consignment shops & selling on eBay. I'm a minimalist anyway so my footprint is small. My model trains & arrowheads already have a designated survivor.

Thats good you have someone to give them to. `Designated Survivor` made me smile. I am in the process of showing my nephew `the way` but i may have put him off a bit when the first `specimen` he brought to show me was a piece of roof tile LoL. Its all good tho. I told him about the time i was collecting as it was getting dark and when i got back to the house i found a piece of CONCRETE in my bag!! it was a nice piece of concrete tho........(and we still have the bit of roof tile)

Comment

• LucasBMylks
                      LucasBMylks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      BTW i saw your train layout yesterday and that is some piece of work. Must have taken some effort to do, loved the backdrop.....congrats to you

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5412.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	267727
                    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

These are down in shop and they could say where they are and most of my artifacts are found by the family and grand kids and any of them would love to have artifacts. and my kids grew up in shop making stuff so I expect them to continue. Havenhunter this the plates and I like the same state as long they are different.
                      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Working...
                      X