Texas Rangers Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Rangers Badge

Years ago I was at a gun show un in Stratford CT I bought a 3/4 grooved axe from a man and brought it home It looked great and even looked to be patinated. I set it on a table with some other hard stone and it fell against another artifact. It caused a strange scratch from a very slight bump up against anther stone? I was puzzled upon closer examination I discovered this ax was made of Steatite and painted to look old. I took it back the the gun show the following day and asked for my money back. The dealer refused but offered a trade for anoything on his table. I opted to get this Texas Rangers Badge because I lost trust in all of his artifacts that day. Click image for larger version

Name:	txranger.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	260094Click image for larger version

Name:	txranger1.jpg
Views:	1473
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	260095
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

I am not even sure if this one is authentic but I threw it on ebay years ago and was told via an email it was illegal to sell this badge to any Texas residents. My question is this if I decide to move to Texas would I have to turn this in? Can I still own it or would I be asking for trouble? Anyone know about this stuff?
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Interesting item and story! No idea though why it would be illegal in Texas...
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Perhaps it is truly an official badge and they do not want anyone to buy it and impersonate a LEO?

Unfortunately, I think that you ended up with another replica Matt.

Texas Government Code Sec. 411.017
      UNAUTHORIZED ACTS INVOLVING
      DEPARTMENT NAME, INSIGNIA, or DIVISION NAME

A person commits an offense if, without the director's authorization, the person:
      Manufactures, sells, or possesses a badge, identification card, or other item bearing a department insignia or an insignia deceptively similar to the department's

They are definitely a cool looking badge though.

Last edited by 2ndoldman; 08-12-2017, 04:02 PM.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow thanks Bruce that dealer was certainly up to no good on his entire stock. Oh well still a fun little badge. Good to know it is a reproduction.

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        See how wrong a person can be when assuming things. I felt it would be illegal because someone might try to be an imposter. From what I read in the link from Bruce it is illegal for fakes to be sold and owned. I will check with a friend who is a sheriff here in TN and see if this is truly illegal to own in Tennessee or is what Bruce posted only Texas law?

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Matt, I forgot to point out that the Company A badges like yours is the most commonly reproduced/forged badge of the bunch.

And I know now why it was illegal to sell it. Buyer beware. I would rather have this than that fake axe anyday.

Comment

Hey Hoss - The reverse of that badge looks like a Mexican coin, with the Estados Unitos Mexicanos on it. I have a Mexican Peso that I'll post a pic of for ya to see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MexPeso1.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	260128
        Last edited by Scorpion68; 08-12-2017, 05:11 PM. Reason: upload coin
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mine is made from a 1946 through 48 silver five peso coin. Your coin is un peso not cinco peso. Also 46 through 48 had no writing below the eagle. Only Estados Unidos Mexicanos above the eagle. That country has some cool looking coinage . That eagle insignia has always caught my eye.

It is a Texas law and does not pertain to other states

Comment

Aren't the Texas badges made out of Mexican silver dollars?

Comment

• Hoss
            Hoss commented
            Editing a comment
            mine is made from a 1946 through 48 silver five peso coin

Well thats pretty cool.....fake and/or real, i never knew those badges were made from coins. Thanks everyone i learned something really interesting today
          If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

Working...
          X