carvings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carvings

I have looked all around and couldn't decide on where to put this. It is not about artifacts but about my next door neighbor. There has been a little screw up with my membership but in my first post as Den Socling, I put a picture of a carving that Kraig made. http://www.frontierreflections.com/ Those who saw it really liked it, I believe. The first picture is it on my wall with my collection. I build vacuum kilns that dry wood. http://www.vacdry.com/ Kraig carves and when he needs some wood, he comes over to me. I'm always up to my ears in wood from all over the world. In the back of Kraig's truck, he had a roughed out carving that he is doing. In the picture of the back, he is going to put a bear print. The NA is obviously hunting that bear. One time Kraig found an old gun in a creek. It looks like a Winchester but it came before. Kraig told me the name but I've forgotten. He said that the company was eventually bought out by Winchester. He made new wood parts and somehow got the rusty mechanisms all working. He is going to carve a gun and put it in the man's right hand. Pretty cool, huh! I gave him a perfect piece of Black Walnut. It's going to be a fantastic carving.

Your friend is a great artist. Thanks for sharing.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I will get some pictures of the finished product. I'm sure it will knock your socks off.

Comment

That is a nice carving. Will be anxious to see the finished product
        South Dakota

Comment

I walked over to Kraig's to get a couple more pictures of his work. He already has the gun in the hunter's hand.

Comment

I max'ed out the pictures in the last post. Here are a couple more. He recently bought a plasma cutter to do the drum lids and saws. The guy really is remarkable. He is a retired industrial arts teacher.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              I max out lots of times.
              Thanks for sharing the additional pictures. Your friend is a true artist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	265485Click image for larger version

Name:	240_F_117460615_PfkgkvCzC2liQsw0U85VzlfK1KnNCW4R.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	265486Click image for larger version

Name:	5593c78270ad2794accdff5f11746b19_1000-images-about-happy-funny-happy-birthday-clip-art-free_436-500.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	265487
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
            X