Old brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old brick

There is an old shack on this 1/2 acre with a slave quarters .
    This is in Webster county Georgia where there are some cotton fields . Graveyards have stones from the early 1800’s with names and them .the slave has a blank little stone .
    Took this from a chimney that’s falling down . We actually took it from our best friends property to play a joke . I keep saying I am building something with all these antique bricks

Have you done any research on that manufacturer?
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Trying have one bar . Seems like an old town but I cannot find anything about bricks yet Bruce . Hitting the yard and deer stands . Need to go look for points .

Comment

The history of the area goes back quite a ways Tamara however the town was incorporated as "Omaha" in 1891 "Omaha was founded in the 1891 when the railroad arrived"
        So that is likely to be the earliest date for your brick.
        Unfortunately I could find nothing on the manufacturer.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Bruce , that’s the only thing I could find on it . Might ask some old timers here .
          Man it’s nice to be in a town of 1500. My little town Kapolei went from 10k to over 100k in ten years .
          Just nature .... no cars

Comment

I did tell the guy that the bricks were at least 100 years old and I could sell them to an interior decorator in Atlanta for $$$ If a brick here is $1.00 a piece .
            Had to get him going . I want them for some project ..
            outdoor fireplace , barbacue .

Comment

Hey, Tam. Old bricks are always great finds. I find portions & occasionally whole ones on the beach all the time. They were used as ballast in 17th & 18thc sailing ships who would toss them overboard as they entered the lower Chesapeake Bay. A second source is washed out foundations caused by storms & erosion. A BBQ sounds like a great idea.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Deb , I know I have to reporpose those beauties . Thanks for that history of your area 😄 I always enjoy it . There are so many places to go on just the US .

Comment

Working...
                X