100 Year old Soda and some Cork Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Year old Soda and some Cork Tops

We had a good soaking the other day so I was out checking some ravines for glass. Found one of the little perfumes first. It has an Owens mark from 1920. The Fuller Xenia Soda was just peaking its neck out and required a little work to get it. I'm thinking, "Come on, don't be broke" the whole time I'm wiggling it free. It has a 1918 date and was made in Newark, Ohio. The others are machine made with bubbles in the glass, suggesting a similar age. A good walk in the woods with deer, hawks, and some old glass to boot. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1307 (640x480).jpg
Views:	182
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	304975
    Good Luck out there, fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Good Hunting, look's like an Awesome Yard too!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Nice finds Fldwlkr. Love finding those old bottles...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I love old bottles. They tell a rich history of a region's past & unlike plastic when discarded don't harm the environment. Nice finds. Most glass I find on the beach are mere shards.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Those bottles are sweet Tim.
          Are the corks new?
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Thanks all, it's good to be finding a few. The corks are new and the bottles have been soaked and scrubbed. The little perfumes would have had rubber stoppers w/ glass "dabbers" for application.
            Thanks for looking, fldwlkr
            Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Great job! You never know what you may find in some places. This April, I was walking along a creek (for no apparent reason) and I found a 1940's era 7-up bottles in perfect condition. It was bottled in Maysville KY - an hour from where I live.
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Nice finds I used to dig bottles.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Great finds love the perfume bottles. Be safe in the ravines almost got tagged by a copperhead yesterday. Awesome the soda bottle was whole.
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Working...
                  X