Roman coins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman coins

These coins are in terrible condition . My friend found them in Rome in the dirt . Guys must have been on a construction site . Date is probably 400 not sure but I know someone will .
    Apologies for photos but interesting enough to post .

I’ve got some that were found in Barcelona, Roman bronze and silver. They were found in an excavation on a construction site and the architect was the father of our exchange student. He said there was a cache of them, if I remember correctly it was about 3,000 coins in a earthenware container.

it’s history, and beautiful to me....those are really cool Tan
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my goodness . Yeah burry money .

Those are nice. Had a Roman coin collection as a kid. I can see the third one is either Constantine or somebody of the Constantinian dynasty.
    Rhode Island

Comment

One of these years I might just have to take a trip over the big pond and try to find one of my own.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I am going with ... I have been to Rome but never made it out to look for artifacts . Just to amazed by all the old buildings . Now Greece that’s a show stopper in that department . The boys want to go to Scotland to golf and I want to see the castles .

Comment

Greece is phenomenal. Like next-level stuff. I almost got arrested in Athens for picking up pottery shreds at the Temple of Zeus. They were laying EVERYWHERE...and I bent down to pick one up to see it, and Man...what a commotion.

I visited the treasurey of Atraieu (sp?) at Mycenae, and they had a lot of gold coins on display found there. Really eye opening stuff.

We were in Athens on the first day the New Acropolis Museum was open to the public, and it was beyond all expectations. The design of that building...mind blowing.
          the entire place is built over a dig, and the floors are glass, so you can see the work as it happens.

The floors are glass on the upper floors also, all throughout the building, so be mindful of what you wear under you skirt if you wear a skirt. I saw waaaaaay more than I paid for that day.😳
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Andy W.
            Andy W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha you dont know the ol' tie your shoes trick?

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            Apparently they have seen that one a few thousand times...😳

What a great experience you had Jethro . Thanks for sharing that with me . Ha ya and the FYI on the glass .
          You inspired me to go to some other tropical islands . I love the story about the Galapagos (sp) I have a few simple bucket lists . I have to make it to Zion canyon still .
          I would love to live on one of the Greek islands for even just a month . There is just so much to do in this life .

Comment

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            That Galapagos trip was amazing. It’s just a hop skip and a jump from Hawaii....relatively speaking.😇
        Working...
        X