Lets Dance !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Dance !

Slow in here so I thought I’d post something ...
    About 30 years ago a demolition team was digging a hole to push structures into to burn,then cover completely. I was called to check out a water well which was old , rusted, and not worth salvaging..I checked out a store house which was next on the list to be destroyed.. Inside there were about a thousand 45’s and some artist I did not know...Anyway, I consider myself a salvage expert of sorts and pulled these out of the demolition teams way....The Elvis has one song on it that I was told was his only C&W ........JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Ah, the twentieth century iPod! What's funny is I know all of these songs! I am 16 and wow, that is very weird for this day and age. Cool stuff! I bet a collector would pay something for those.

My grandmother had some troubles with her water pipes a few months ago. They had to pull up the floor to get to them, and lo and behold, sat a bunch of 1960's super bowl Wheaties boxes. My grandfather collected everything under the sun and hid it, or displayed it. Don't ask me why he buried cereal boxes though...
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

You still have the record player?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey JJ, Nice save. I remember listening to 45's when I was young. My favorite was "Pistol Packin Mama"

Al Dexter : Pistol Packin' Mama ( 1943 )
      More "Great 78s" at: http://www.youtube.com/group/great78s"Pistol Packin' Mama", was the number one record of the year in 1943. Al Dexter wrote " Pistol Pack...

Last edited by Ron Kelley; 11-30-2018, 12:12 PM.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve never heard that song Ron but my wife is that song !

Hey we had 45’s to cool and a record player .
      On Elvis it was Hound Dig and the flip side was Dont be cruel .. how many of you out there are singing it now

Comment

hound dog

Comment

Love them old Sun records, when I was a kid, my folks only had 78 rpm records.

Comment

I remember where I was that feb day when the music died.
          SE IA

Comment

Vinyl is making a real comeback and some of the old records are worth big money, especially when they are obscure recordings by recognized artists. 😎
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Really ? I can’t imagine why unless it’s just a fad .. Maybe they wil bring back 8 track tapes too... I have a lot of those but I doubt they would play. Our roads use to be lined with tape from 8 track failures .. JJ
          Working...
          X