Click image for larger version

Name:	E5F435B6-58A5-4D88-8DAA-A4AA031265F3.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	367952 Click image for larger version

Name:	1FEB9CC5-0DD6-42E7-91AE-84A24AF273D6.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	367951 I’ve never seen a penny like this it looks too be a double stamp or something else?
    NW Georgia,

Kewl, Mis - Stamp . Hugh coin collector item ! Big Score there !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

The date is 1980 something
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Mis strike, very cool to run across such an extreme example. Most are just shifted a bit.

If it was in more pristine condition (slabbed and graded) it would probably be worth a hernia inducing quantity of pennies. Probably still with well over $100 as is.

(I mention the value simply as a reference of not giving it away in change at the gas station.)
        Last edited by clovisoid; 05-19-2019, 03:52 AM.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

That's a cool piece.. congrats...I don't know anybody that ever found one
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAA37218-A70F-4303-82D2-603062A01AEC.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	367991 I looked them up online they are a collector item. I was cleaning the garage so the Havac system could go in and found my childhood coin collection. I have 10 steel pennies but not the best quality and a lot of silver and wheat pennies. Here is a 1936 penny that is rare not sure on the material cause it’s a different color like a dark red. After paying for the system I’m looking for treasure any place I can find it 😃
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Cool find and rare!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I still have some silver certificates to research and a lot of silver coins. Hoping to find some good ones.
                NW Georgia,

Comment

I have a coin collection books and all . That is a very rare find indeed . That’s sooooo collectible even in not mint condition . Ok when I was a kid there were Indian head pennies in circulation . Get them for change at the market , buffalo head nickels and mercury dimes . $2.00 bills so it was the time when they were not showing up that sparked my interest .

Comment

• Jethro355
                    Jethro355 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can still get new $2 at the bank. I give them to my niece for her birthday every year.

I didn’t find anything else worth more than a few bucks.
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

When I found the off stamped penny as a child I thought how can I preserve it so nothing will scratch it. So I wrapped it in plastic sandwich wrap and it was stuck to it when I found it so it didn’t work out well. Looks like the oils in the plastic stained the penny
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                    X