Share a Coke and a smile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share a Coke and a smile!

I am absolutely lacking in the arrowheads category, so until I do find an arrowhead, my posts will be a little random. I just thought I'd post a few bottles I bought, including some nice Cokes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0817.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	369866

This is a straight sided Coke from Birmingham Ala. It was found in a creek, by a guy named Clayton. He is the "co-star" of my favorite YouTube channel, "Adventure Archaeology". I'll post one of their video advertisements below. I bought it from him, and was shocked at the amount of air bubbles in the glass! It's a very nice and heavy bottle, and the provenance makes it better.

Name:	DSC_0819.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	369867

Next we have a dandy looking bottle from Kalamazoo Mich. The name alone makes this a good bottle. Kalamazoo. Sounds like something Dr. Seuss would name his town.

Name:	DSC_0821.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	369868

I bought this bottle last month or something like that. It is a scarce 1915 patent date Hobble skirt from Huntington WV. I only paid $3 for it.

Name:	DSC_0825.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	369869

A large and fine medicine bottle from the 1880's-1890's.

Name:	DSC_0826.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	369870

Wagner and Sons Products Company beer bottle. Oddly enough, this brewery kept open during prohibition, and this bottle dates from that era.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Trailer for Adventure Archaeology.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Vegetable Compound, it's yummy!

Great bottles.

California

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, quite nasty. I read the ingredients.

Cool bottles man. I like hobble skirt....calm down you'll find a point soon
      SW Connecticut

Comment

It's strange how Soda's have changed over The last century. Nice Stuff Ethan!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Mini cokes that came with a '30s/40's toy Coca Cola truck, dug at a bottle dump.
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Love those old Soda Bottles👍 I used to have a collection of about 60-70 of em. When I Retired and moved And sold nearly all of em. Kinda amazed how little $ they bring. Some are pretty scarce. Keep huntin🇺🇸

Comment

Nice bottles maybe you should send me your address in a pm I pick them up but usually give them away. Right now I have one coke and one medication bottle but plan on going back to bottle creek a few more times this year. Just send me the shipping is all I ask if you want them.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
            X