Local, and older stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local, and older stuff

I found these in my grandfathers basement. For such a small basement, he had a ton of hiding places.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0939.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	372660

Berkeley Club Soda, Berkeley Springs West Virginia. I used to live there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0942.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	372661

Civil War era gin

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0943.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	372662

Civil War era Whiskey
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Nice bottles
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Gin bottle is awesome. Love that ColoršŸ‘ Wife & I visited Leadville Colo years ago. A guy restoring an 1870s house there -found numerous bottles & cans under the floor with the ā€˜hand printed paper labels still intact! They were lying on top of sawdust an not in dirt. It miraculously saved the labels! One of the largest collections of Original paper labels from that era. Guy published a bookā€”-ā€˜ Leadville Lables & Moreā€™. We bought it!!!

Comment

Love the bubbles and swirls in the old glass bottles. The fact that they came from your grandpa's basement makes them even better.
        Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

So, did he collect bottles or just store them for a container purpose ?
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            He was especially fond of WWII stuff, so he had about 30 books on the Third Reich, a hundred books on American helmets, firearms and uniforms and he even bought old guns, restored them, then resold them.

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang, wish he would of kept it all for you !

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            He kept a lot, but not as much as I coulda wished for. I got to post the swords I brought home.

If they are samurai swords I would like to see photos. I have collected them for 40+ yrs. I like the 16th and 17t century ones best.
          SE IA

Comment

Working...
        X