• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharks Teeth SC

Click image for larger version

Name:	1B6B6503-8735-4B00-B543-CECDDF2EB378.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	382633 Well I finally figured out how to score some teeth in the surf. Have to wait for the tide coming in and look for fine gravel sections. Kind of looking for points in a creek but you have to snatch them between the waves. No points in sight so I had to settle for these. Click image for larger version

Name:	8925E04D-2484-41CA-A662-006C421E40D7.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	382632
    NW Georgia,

Interesting
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Some broken but I got 5 whole ones just tiny

That's cool man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      The biggest one on top in hand I believe is a bone fragment of something

Nice SurfaceHunter I just got into teeth hunting last few years it's addictive. Keep looking there's bound to be some big ol great white teeth there.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Tide is really high tonight but I have to get back home tomorrow. Took me a couple of hours to figure it out. I’d like to find some of them big teeth

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	382659 You can greatly increase your tooth haul with a little pvc and some wire mesh if you are going to do it for a few days.

That’s how my wife kept my son and I busy at the beach when we lived in Florida.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Last night and tonight there are people walking the beach with flashlights I guess they are looking for the teeth? Low tide now. I’d be out there to if I could. No flashlight
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        They good to eat?

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        No not edible it's just a fun thing to do especially with kids. Find them and let them go. There is a lot less of them on our beaches then there used to be. They mostly come out at night and hide in their holes during the day.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        When I was a kid my parents used to take us kids to that beach. Sure has changed they set up beach chairs for rent only $75 a day what a deal, not. I used a beach towel in the sand

Very fun .. glad you are finding those .

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        It was fun I needed a short vacation to relax

Back home now I was driving I-20 west almost to I-75 in Atlanta and ACDC song Highway to Hell and I said to myself that’s a fitting song and sure enough bumper to bumper traffic for about 10 miles and a 7 car pile up on the south bound opposite from me but that’s why my side was backed up. Right after I got past the pile up traffic went right back to 70 plus mph
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Gosh, you scored! Been to Edisto Island bout a million times, but never hunted sharks’ teeth. Best friend does, and she has jars full over 30 years. Did you develop the “Edisto Walk”? You know what I’m talkin’ bout....
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure it was my first time looking. The sand was brown so it wasn’t real hard just grabbed everything I saw black

When I was a kid, we lived in Hawaii (my dad was in the US Air Force). I found a giant shark’s tooth, maybe 2 inches plus. Kept it in my jewelry box, but was stolen about 20 yrs later. I think I cried!

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Some of those big teeth are worth some bucks. It’s a shame it got taken

“Edisto Walk” is on postcards. People just put hands behind back; bend at waist to 90 degree angle, and hunt! Seen my friend do it for hours!

Comment

I find a variety of sizes in the shallows along the Rappahannock River here in VA. I’ve had a couple of large ones wash up on shore, but like you said, grab them before the next wave rolls in!
          Child of the tides

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            If you watch the sets of waves and wait for the biggest waves you have more time to grab before the next one comes which is usually small. I really wanted to find them big ones but didn’t see anything bigger than the ones I found
        Working...
        X