A pleasant goodwill surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pleasant goodwill surprise

purchased a Kovels Antique & Collectibles book from our local goodwill store a few weeks ago and left it in the rear seat of my car. Today I retrieved it and found a first day of issue stamped envelope tucked away in the center of the book. Inside the envelope were 5 old internal revenue stamps. I thought I hit the lotto, until I looked up old revenue stamps on eBay. Although I didn’t hit the jackpot, it makes me smile to put my hands on something that old.

Nice find I like stamps also and pick them up also, although like yours mine has little value except to me.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Notarelichunter
      Notarelichunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir, I have seen old stamps, coins & currency sold at some local relic shows. Not my cup of tea.

You just don’t know what you might find at a Goodwill store? I pick several local stores for antiques. Mostly I find smalls but have also picked up some nice furniture. If you want to find the good stuff go to the ghetto stores! I’m not kidding the best stuff comes from the old neighborhoods and they don’t get as much traffic.

Von

Comment

I found a painted water bottle one time didn’t pay much but sold it for a lot it was a historic piece and NA
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it was called negative paint
    Working...
    X