Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mail find took 419 millions to get here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail find took 419 millions to get here.

Got this Gerastos granulosus trilobite today. It's from the Devonian about 400 million years ago. Had one that was about a 7 and this one is a good 10. Perfect eyes and preservation .excellent preservation and preparation with no restoration.
    SE IA

My o my o my......me thinketh thou art ole nerd....

P.S. Is this considered “high-jacking a thread”? Lemme know, and I’ll take down immediately!
    My friend gave me store-bought gift. Assumed was replica?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1C308F87-2F1B-4DD7-8F84-912842F21BBC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	388868
    Last edited by Cecilia; 08-31-2019, 04:42 PM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• oldrocks2
      oldrocks2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shark tooth could be real. Without it in hand I wont say. Ole nerd is an understatement.
      Last edited by oldrocks2; 08-31-2019, 06:20 PM.

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Smart. I don’t commit to much, even when I know I know! Thank you, clever, generous, eclectic ole nerd.

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely a Moroccan auriculatis tooth... We call em ricks in NC...the bi cusp makes id easy...tan color gives away location... Love matrix teeth!
      Last edited by utilized flake; 09-01-2019, 07:00 PM.

That is really something to have . To be able to look at that everyday . Wow

Comment

Very nice specimen! What a treasure trove Morroco is, for fossils, for meteorites, Neolithic points, just a wonderland. Trilobites will always be my first love:

https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...ites-of-nevada

This might take a spell. Going to try and tell a tale of a certain family of trilobites and a different world  hundreds of millions of years ago. Once upon a time, and for a long time, there existed an arc of volcanic islands in an earlier Atlantic. This island arc has been given the name Avalonia, named for the Avalon
      Last edited by CMD; 09-01-2019, 07:10 AM.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Nice fossil! That's really cool!

If the universe is only 14 billion years old, why is it 92 billion light years across?

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
        X