Pre Prohibition Beer and some cork tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Prohibition Beer and some cork tops

Finally up and around after a bout with the flu. Still weak but made it out for a little scrounging today. Found a Hollencamp Brewery bottle right away. They were in business from 1904 to 1919.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4928 (533x800).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	397875 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4929 (582x800).jpg
Views:	214
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	397876
    Also scored a few cork top meds for the collection. The little guy has a hand tooled lip making it the oldest of the group.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4931 (800x609).jpg
Views:	211
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	397877 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4932 (744x800).jpg
Views:	226
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	397878
    Found an embossed Whitteman Boston bottle and a couple Atlas Mason jars but they probably won't make the cut and end up in the trash.
    The combines are out so it won't be too long before I can get out and walk some fields for pointy rocks.
    Thanks for looking, fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Bottles are always cool to find. I just wish that I could keep them, unfortunately they don't travel well. 😟
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• fldwlkr
      fldwlkr commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are a travelling man, less is more. I hope you are getting some adventures in during your travels and swinging coil in new places. The glass gives me something to hunt until the ground gets turned around here.

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I am definitely getting in a ton of traveling, a bit more than 9K miles so far this year. Meeting the forum members is the best part of my travels.

No, don’t throw any away ! Those are sweet !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Sorry to hear about the flu! Starting kinda early, isn’t it?
      Child of the tides

Comment

I just love old Americana no matter what it is . But bottles are a favorite . Super cool . What’s the story creek , no field ?

Comment

Yeah the flu got me early this year, Havenhunter. Still have the remnants of a cough. The site I picked these bottles from is a creek bank, Tam. The farm foundations are a couple hundred yards away and an old roadbed runs parallel to the stream. I find stuff from 1900 to 1950 as the current exposes things. Twenty yards long at most. The farmers had to put it somewhere before the big landfill mountains we make today.
          Good luck out there,
          fldwlkr
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Working...
          X