Metal powder flask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal powder flask

Can anyone tell me anything about this metal powder flask, its age, who made it and its possible value?

Thanks,

Eric
    Attached Files

We do not talk/speculate about the value of any item on this forum.
    Beyond that your powder flask looks like a modern reproduction. There are still thousands of them used by blackpowder enthusiasts all over the world.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Welcome to the forum

There are indeed a lot of reproductions around, ranging from modern to vintage and many of them were made in Italy. One thing that almost invariably distinguishes an authentic period flask from a reproduction is the presence of marks on the cap, usually the ring/collar section of the cap. There should be a maker’s name or mark and sometimes other markings such as inspection marks/initials. If it doesn’t have any of those it’s almost certainly a reproduction with a value that doesn’t go beyond ‘decorative’ prices. Even a vintage reproduction won’t have a value beyond mid to low double-digit dollars, unless made from silver.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
      X