Job Site Bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Site Bottles

My son found a few Bottles on his lunch hour today nothing like cleaning up the job site . I'll post these again after a slight cleaning . Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140157.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	416933 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140158.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	416934
    Attached Files

I only collect cork top bottles but haven't found any whole ones yet. So how much of the porcelain doll did he recover? I see a leg
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice haul South. That tall bright green bottle with the long neck, is an early caper. When I collected bottles, that one took me a while to ID, so thought I'd do a bit of the leg work for ya..

It's near the bottom of this pg.

Antique bottles are very popular, unique home decorations now days, as featured in several national magazine articles!Offered is a selection consisting of one vintage French Truffles / Capers bottle dating between 1860s and 1870s .The bottle is Hand Blown In Mold manufacture style with an applied

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I like that old pipe. Another pic of that one pls. The tall brown one is aunt jemima but you knew that already.

Comment

• south fork
          south fork commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll get some more photos up after my son cleans some of the dirt off . What was aunt jemima ?

• SGT.Digger
          SGT.Digger commented
          Editing a comment
          It might not be but sure looked like one from that one angle https://picclick.com/Vintage-Mrs-But...302222067.html probably not now that I see other pics and I don’t think they had cork top lids. Probably a whiskey bottle

A haul ! I’m sure there are collectables in that stash !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73060.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	416974

Awesome haul!

The one circled in red, is called a Hutchisnon bottle. Depending on the bottling company, these date from 1880-1912. I collect these kinds of bottles, so it would be interesting to see the embossing on this one.

The one circled in white is a ginger beer bottle. Styles like this were used from the 1850s, to the early 1900s. This one would likely date to around the 1890s. It's hard to read the embossing on the medicines, but that square paneled aqua med on the far left looks pretty cool! 1870s, 1880s.

What's the story on that crowntop bottle with the star? If it's Coca Cola, that would be epic. I know of only one town in Alabama, with a star on the Coca Cola bottle. It sold for $300 before it even left the dump.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• south fork
            south fork commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for all the info the green bottle is a Hugh Casey Eagle Soda Works . The one with the Star is a White Star Soda Works Sacramento there hauling dirt for fill from old sac to a job site and its loaded with old goodies .

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Hugh Casey bottles are somewhat common for the area. If he digs another one up, let me know!

Lots of cool bottles there
          South Dakota

Comment

This bottle was hard to read but I think its Originated By Weeks & Potter Boston The other side has the Cuticura system of curing constitutional humor .
            Attached Files

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Try soaking it in vinegar for a few days, then wash with Dawn.. It should come out looking much better.

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice, that’s what we need, stand alone pics !
          Working...
          X