SW Pottery ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW Pottery ID

Can anyone ID the type of pottery this is. I have no idea where I got it as it was in a misc box marked Misc 1966. I am sure it is SW pottery but would like to know type and aprox. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4166.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	419044 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4167.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	419045 age.
    Thank all for any help.
    SE IA

It is SW pottery starts like this but not sure if I'm going to spell it correctly. Anasazi maybe
    Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 01-24-2020, 03:25 PM.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Myself I just say Anasazi , but if not technical , the corrections begin !

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a point of information: archaeologists now prefer the term Ancestral Puebloan, and they no longer prefer the Navajo term Anasazi. That said, that older term will never really loose currency.

I’ve got to get this correct or Charlie will get on my butt, lol.
    Ok , Anasazi Hohokam Mongolon culture. Pic #1 Boldface, black on white, A.D. 550-1000
    Pic #2 San Francisco Red, A.D. 750-800 or so...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• oldrocks2
      oldrocks2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the black decorated photo is the inside. The other photo is the same shard but the outside.

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I'm not about to get on anybody's case. I'm no expert on Ancestral Puebloan pottery. Love it, love studying the culture, own a few pieces, but I am not qualified to ID.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea it was one piece... So, I don’t know everything just tried to solve the piece...It is the right culture as stated above, most prolly SW New Mexico or SE Arizona...Leaning more into Az..
Working...
X