• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Bottle

Click image for larger version

Name:	P2120269.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	449573 This old bottle rolled out of the dirt on a job site my son was pushing dirt on . He sold it to a collector / dealer for $1500 hundred dollars to pay for his new metal detector . I wonder how many bottles were crushed during construction ? The bottle was worth more but cash in hand with all that's happening

Now that's how to fund a new metal detector! Nice find and I hope he scores more with the detector.
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

well done to your son
      Wyoming

Comment

I'm crying..... tears of joy, or of jealousy, you decide.

That is a find of a lifetime bottle. To find California whiskeys like that nowadays is almost unheard of. Congrats to your son!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• south fork
          south fork commented
          Editing a comment
          If it was my bottle it would be on display in a window gathering dust .

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          I dust my stuff every day.

When I saunter in to the saloon after the long dusty cattle drive or come up out of the crick after a long day of panning, that's the kind of whiskey bottle I expect the bartender to set in front of me.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice!!
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Thats awesome south fork.....great condition too.....i had to look that up to learn more about....thanks for sharing
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Working...
            X