baculums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baculums

I have collected a few raccoon baculums. Here's a few on my desk LOL.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200206_111705.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	475681
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

And people think me collecting WWII ordnance is weird...
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Good for not only the mountain man's toothpick, or moonshiner's tool, but a fisherman's friend..
      New, Project, native american fish hook, primitive fish hook, bone fish hook, survival skills, bushcraft skills, how to fish, how to survivie, bushcraft survival skills, ancient survival skills, fative american fishing, penis bone, primitive archery, Alone History, how to catch fish, survival fishing, how to find food, how to make a fish hook, how to make a natural fish hook, ancient fish hook, Making fishhook from natural material, bushraft fishhook
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I don’t know if it’s sad to say, or maybe weird, but I have handled hundreds of those.

no, I’m not some raccoon molesting pervert. 🥴
        I used to trap when I was a kid and raccoons were a premium pelt. I wish they still were.. The Save The Worl PETA folks have no idea how much harm they’ve done by killing the fur trade. Raccoons kill and eat almost anything they find on the ground. This includes but is not limited to quail nests, Turkey nest, turtle nest, bullfrogs, whip-poor-will nests and they will also kill and eat the critters themselves. I used to sit on my back porch in the evening time and listen to Bob white quail in the pasture and the wood lot nearby. Every evening, for years. I haven’t heard a single one going on 5 years now, and I killed 40+ raccoons from my place alone last year.

every time I get a big, mature bullfrog on my pond, he gets eaten by a coon. Duck nests are raided every spring, but I’ve had some success keeping them from my wood duck boxes. Last week while mowing, I found seven turtle nests that had been dug up and the eggs eaten, and that was just mowing a smallish (5 acre)part of my yard. A friend an I were hunting a lakebed Three weeks ago where the lake had been drawn down and on one western facing bank section about 50 yards long I counted over 20 Turtle nests that Had been robbed.

i know they are cute, but the trash panda is the bane of my existence.
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• clovisoid
          clovisoid commented
          Editing a comment
          Trash Panda! I haven't heard that in years.

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          You want some Everglades Pythons, they’re killing everything, Gators, deer, Coons, they’ll have your problem fixed in no time.Lol..

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Good job Jethro save those whippoorwill my fav at night

I hope the lady raccoon doesn't mix up the stingray spine with the baculum.

I have a walrus one.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you say... walrus?

• clovisoid
          clovisoid commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, Oosik. They are relatively common finds when Alaska Natives look for ivory. Sometimes they were used for clubs, but they are so dense that they aren't easily carved. But tourists loved them!

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Clovis, post us a picture of Oosik!

Been eatin a lot of road kill have ya,?, Lol.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Well at least it’s not your coffee stir .. I just want to see the persons face with that

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          😂😂😂

Do you need a toothpick? Help yourself 😂
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

I used to have to trap shoot poison the trash pandas every calving season the coons would brake into the shed and bust into the powdered milk bags and just make one heck of a mess.
          Wyoming

Comment

Kind of upset my stomach a little this morning Tom...
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

O, no, the Raccoon Penis Post is back! Just when gotten over first round.... Tsk-tsk..... But, my love of AH kicks in my penchant for explanation, mitigation, excuse-making: the People let nothing go to waste, and this forum has nothing but appreciation for such efficiency.

I know from prior post’s education that these made super-duper fish hooks, and have since read larger baculums often used as handles for knives and other tools, especially those of Walruses by Alaskan People. Also learned interesting tidbit: generally the larger the mammal, the smaller the baculum, e.g. tiny little bush baby’s big half-inch!

Also know own southern roots’ tradition of not-too long ago wearing one on red ribbon enhances sexual desirability. (Tom’s got his in a pencil mug on desk; wonder what he’s enhanced!?)
              Last edited by Cecilia; 08-05-2020, 03:18 PM.
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

The luckiest gambler that I know wears a huge gold one on a gold chain around his neck. Claims it’s for good luck and there just might be something to it lol!
                SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Working...
                X