Year End Report or Stuff That Followed Me Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year End Report or Stuff That Followed Me Home

Not sure where this topic belongs so I post it here. The artifacts were sparse and the few I found tended to be kinda' wonky. I logged 58 rocks ranging from brokes to flake scrapers and some points. Here is a sample.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5899 (902x1024).jpg
Views:	349
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	511297
    Nothing great but the Woodland triangles are the first I have found intact. The plow is not nice to those wafer thin points. I had better luck stumbling on metal objects in my wanderings.

Name:	DSC_5903 (1024x908).jpg
Views:	305
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	511298
    The leprechauns put a sterling silver spoon in my path one day and an 1899 quarter on a slope the very next outing. Later in the season they gave up a silver brush handle. Brass buttons were to be found including some from military and old railroad uniforms. Research on some of these items led me to discover the many miles of narrow gauge track that ran through these parts, the mass transit before buses. My dad use to speak of the Dayton tractor cars and I lucked into one of their tokens this year.
    Old glass bottles are another weakness of mine. I won't post them all but here are a few.

Name:	DSC_5910 (1024x771).jpg
Views:	274
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	511299
    I have been finding broken cobalt inks for some time and finally pulled an intact one from the mud. The Souder's Extract started out as a home business in the basement of a West Dayton home. None of this stuff has much monetary value but they are the springboard for my research into local history. I'm still trying to figure out how a brass key tag from Youngstown got all the way across Ohio.
    Thanks for looking, fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

That looks like an awesome year! You found a little bit of everything!
    South Carolina

Comment

Nice finds! What a smorgasbord! Tell me about the door knob plates.
      South Carolina

Comment

• fldwlkr
        fldwlkr commented
        Editing a comment
        The plates are brass and have a nice Art Deco design popular in the 1920's. I started hauling this stuff home to incorporate into my artwork and it has snowballed.

Awesome finds Tim! really like the biffies. glad to see you had a great year. Louie

Comment

• fldwlkr
        fldwlkr commented
        Editing a comment
        Loudog, I'm happy finding anything that is worked. Hope you are well and enjoying the holidays.

You did much better than I on the finds this year. I think its been my worst year yet. Its not over yet but close enough to know.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I lost more than one due to new owners and one creek changed from a nife quiet place to a meth head homeless place. So actually 4 places I have lost. Virus is still hanging around so I can't knock on doors. I found maybe 4 worth framing this year.

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        If you found one you did better than I did this year! No points, sea glass ( I don’t pick up modern glass colors), sharks teeth or bottles. I did find a desiccated seahorse. Sad...

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a comment showing took forever to figure out where it was finally it was from you heaven hunter. My messages have been a little off lately. Sorry you didn't find anything.

Not a bad end of year report at all fldwlkr, nice finds.
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

What a great variety of artifacts congratulations fldwlkr! I’m amazed at the number of metal artifact eyeball finds! Keep em coming!
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• fldwlkr
          fldwlkr commented
          Editing a comment
          The ravines of Ohio have a lot of stuff in them. We are a messy bunch. The silver still amazes me when I find it. Why would they throw that away?

• loudog
          loudog commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope you are well also and best wishes!

Agree with Josie, it is a good year.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

A good year for sure...👍
          Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Looks like a productive year, congrats.
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Looks like a good year to me. Several bifurcates, thats a plus. I can't find a whole one here for some reason.
              Central Ohio

Comment

• fldwlkr
                fldwlkr commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been lucky with the bifurcates, even have a complete Kanawha in my A frame. The triangles are supposed to be common but they have been hiding from me until this year.

• flintguy
                flintguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I haven't found any triangles either. Seems like all the Ohio and WV guys on you tube find 5 every time out. 🙂

That looks like a very enjoyable year. Great finds and great exploring. Nicely grouped and presented too.
              California

Comment

Points are great but boy that blue cobalt bottle has a story .
                Then those scrolled locks . I think I would turn those into light switches some how .

Comment

• fldwlkr
                  fldwlkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bring home most cobalt and emerald glass I stumble on. I was going to use the lock plates in a painting but they are too cool, I hate to mess with them.

• tomf
                  tomf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like an ink bottle to me.

Yeah ink bottle good call Tom .

Comment

Nice would love to metal detect where you found some of that stuff

Comment

• fldwlkr
                    fldwlkr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm hopin' Santa brings me one but I'm pretty sure I am on the naughty list.
                Working...
                X