• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice tip!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210107_002918-1.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	522935 I'm helping to pack and move a family friend! He gave me this fishing lure at the end of the day! Got home and looked it up. 1910 heddon dummy double. One of the rarest and most valuable lures collected! Guess I just found the clovis of fishing lures.
    Last edited by utilized flake; 01-07-2021, 12:36 AM.
    North Carolina

Nice collectable
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      It goes into my collection of pre ww2 lures! Never thought that I would own one that was pre ww1.

Looks like a G-10 to me, congrats on a nice find...I thought I posted this pic. with my comment, guess not.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_102488.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	522945
    Last edited by Hal Gorges; 01-07-2021, 01:34 AM.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      G 9 at best Hal. G 10 would have the box! And would be worth more than the lure!

Looks like the hooks are orginal as well id suggest putting some oil on them so the rust doesn't invade the rest of the lure. I have a big box of old wooden lures from my childhood. Its a really nice gift
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah man look at Those weird weedless treble hooks? But with only one barb..?

Was it used to catch mammoth fish? Nice friend!
    South Carolina

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope...but I would imagine a big old muskie? It's from Michigan.

Very nice gift, looks well taken care of.
    ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy that the hooks are in such good shape

I used to fish as my only hobby in Florida loved it. Before I moved here I caught in one year my biggest bass and it hasn't been the same since. 16 lb on 10 lb line. Lucky for me the drag worked and I had plenty of line on the spool. Caught it on a 12 inch rubber worm with a #5 hook.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Having had some fun with bass I can imagine the pull on the line, Florida record is 17.29, maybe yours was a record back yonder, thatโ€™ll give you something to think about.Lol.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Could of been but I released it i didn't see the need to kill such a beautiful fish

Thats a cool gift utilized flake.....do you collect old lures, or was this random gift? Ive always heard those old wood lures are valuable, but never really researched much on it....and that one you have is pretty darn old and looks to be in great condition
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a nice collection of lures from my grandfather, but don't actively collect. The call of sharp pointy rocks is the only thing I hear~

Wonderful condition.
    SE IA

Comment

Cool find!!! I live not to far from where Heddon was based and manufactured. I find quite a few at garage sales in the summer. Always a welcomed find.
      ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Working...
      X