No Longer Topless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Longer Topless

Y’all remember this cobalt ink bottle in collection FieldWalker posted?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AB3E0966-AB4B-4378-A764-EB165C2CC416.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	526371
    I usually get gifts remedying my ignorance, but after (lovingly) chastising “rich boys” for whining about finding brokes, I got beautiful peace offering instead!
    And, for decades, I have had this cork stopper sporting greenish-blue glass, metallic filigree, cobalt blue glass bead, silver frog:

Click image for larger version  Name:	EE361C82-DC29-4C14-B277-508CCC232B14.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	526372 Guess what it fits? Click image for larger version  Name:	FA199F41-F9CB-4496-8778-28BDC69A4204.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	70.7 KB ID:	526374
    This 1930’s beauty will not be spilling ink or any tiny treasure it may hold!
    Attached Files
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Well look it you this morning with icing on the cake,,,err, frog.... ( “ Intense beauty “ )
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice match! Now you just need something to put in it.

I can't even seem to find the right lid when I'm putting leftovers away. 🤯
      South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t we all?! and don’t wanna throw mismatches away coz maybe mate might turn up someday...
        (I now buy those cellophane elasticized thingies that look like shower caps; one size fits all!)

How lovely!
      Child of the tides

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        It is lovely, isn’t it?!
        (I am big cannibalizer of household dodads, and you should see some of my Frankenstein inventions!)

Looks great! I'm glad you saved that cork top. I hate it when I throw away or recycle something and need it a week later. Took a load of scrap to the yard a few weeks ago and now I'm wishing I saved some of the chrome pieces.
      Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Thats a really cool looking combo. Amazing that it fit and had similar glass coloration.
        Central Ohio

Comment

Nice!! Looks good on The ink well
          SW Connecticut

Comment

I love small colored glass things. And I love what you did with that. Kim
            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Cooo.👍
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Amazing perfect match.
                SE IA

Comment

That is not an inkwell. It is a early vintage Noxzema jar. Maybe 1940's or earlier. Love what you did with it CC.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                  X