Marble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marble

Does anyone collect marbles? I found this today in a field while hunting for artifacts

Cant see a pic

Comment

Comment

Nice looking marble. Can't help on type or age as I lost all my marbles years ago.
        SE IA

Comment

I have a small collection of marbles and am amazed at the crazy places I find them. "How did a marble get way out here in the middle of a field?" Somebody posted that they were ammo for slingshots back in the day and that is how they were distributed. There is a nice website to help with identification. https://www.marblecollecting.com/
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

$ome $ell for big buck$!
            If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• B.Rubble
              B.Rubble commented
              Editing a comment
              There is a guy on YouTube who hunts for artifacts but in spare time digs in old dumps he found an antique marble valued at $1000!

We used to call those “swirlies”, basic white with swirls of hues of one color. But, that’s just a color-scheme or pattern, and heck, we were only seven....
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

West Virginia Swirl made by Alley or maybe Champion during 30s or 40s
              South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• B.Rubble
                B.Rubble commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you
            Working...
            X