Silver coin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver coin

While walking the very muddy corn field today here in south eastern Ohio I came this Spanish from 1800! Now to try and find out how it got there!

Thats awesome
    Missouri

Comment

Thats a great find. Left by those Ohio pirates. Found a few silver coins while hunting but nothing that nice.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Very cool find. Spanish Colonial 1 Real of Carlos IV, minted in Mexico City.
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• B.Rubble
          B.Rubble commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes correct did some research on it. Now to figure out how it got 1750miles from Mexico City to where I found it!

• tomclark
          tomclark commented
          Editing a comment
          Spanish silver was used as currency in the US before we made our own coins and even after...

After that last rain.... muddy for sure. Incredible find !! I think it's the leprechauns and wood sprites leaving stuff just to mess with our heads.
        Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Foreign coinage was used in the U.S. until a law was passed in 1858 I believe. The spanish reale was the coin of choice most often. Awesome find!
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Neat find!
            South Carolina

Comment

Probably dropped by a field worker but being that old Probably not. Nice find
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
              X