Old silver our parents had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old silver our parents had

Nothing like seeing something your parents had ...that is now in an antique store to make you feel old .
    When I was in Georgia I went to my favorite antique store and art gallery . Well well well I said to my friend . I have this in the house somewhere . My mom had a silver collection and for some reason this is all that is left .
    But I dragged that with me for memories and candy dishes around the holidays .
    I’ll clean these up again .
    creeps up on you .
    Ever see these before? apparently they are floating around if I saw them in a store .

Thats cool. Cleaning out the folks house and there was a bunch of silver. Tammy and I decided we didn't want any cause we never would take it to be melted and im actually getting tired of stuff just sitting around the house. That last statement is describing me
    Missouri

Comment

Very cool pieces, know what you mean., thx for sharing.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Cool Tam .. that clamshell piece is awesome
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Outlaw I have moved , well this is the 4 th turn and burn home in 20 years . I had the girls stuff I hand all our hunt clothes , gear .. We finally got a cabin and those closets are full in Georgia . I only have what I need . And when I leave here it’s a giveaway . Let’s put it this way . The lady at goodwill knows me by my 1st name
          The artifacts are staying with me for sure .

No more stuff

Comment

And I wonder why they did that it was forever tarnished . I remember going into homes and seeing very large sets and everyone saying it needs to be cleaned .
            To much work and chemicals for what !

Comment

O, yes, Tam, this Georgia girl seen items in pics 2 and 3 many times, in friends’ parents’ big old houses “on the hill”! Shell candy dish very, very popular in past generation. I think you should shine it up (there’s gotta be shortcut)! And, regarding too much stuff, I actually put my house on market coupla years back and was in process of building very cute, very cool tiny house when realized couldn’t get rid of books, do-dads, knickknacks! Guess too attached to my junk!
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Sold my mom’s house in Dec 2019 and moved her to assisted living. I still have most of her “stuff”. I’ll keep a few of my grandmother’s things that my mom had. But the other has to go. I have an affection for old English bone China and old crystal stemware but I have no desire to own silver. It’s too much work for me. But the older I get, the less of anything I want. I would, one day, like to downsize my home. I don’t want to ever leave that “cleaning out” burden on my daughter.
                South Carolina

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I packed up my Grandmothers Bone China . This would make it my nieces great Grandmothers . I’ll store it for her and pass it on . Has to be 150 years older . Small plates .. people didn’t eat much back then or had seconds .
                  But that’s the only stuff I have from the past .

Cool items, love the patina.
                SE IA

Comment

Working...
                X