Shine Jug and Tokens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shine Jug and Tokens

Found myself back in a ravine where I glean for glass. After flipping an old headlight out, I spotted some salt glazed ceramic. Cleaned around it with my stick hoping it was intact. Amazing... my first complete jug.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1555 (766x1024).jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.7 KB ID:	565342 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_115249.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	565343
    The bottles from the site date from the 1940's so it isn't too old. My wife has taken a "shine" to it so it might get displayed in the front of the house. I also flipped out a couple tokens for the numismatists on the site.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1557 (1024x691).jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.9 KB ID:	565344
    The Oklahoma tax token is my second tax token. The Stotts-Friedman Co. was an electronics store in Dayton. None of this stuff is of great value but it gives me a "jumping off" point to study history, local and otherwise.
    Thanks for looking, fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

You are on a fantastic spot with so many artifacts coming out
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice jug love the token.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice finds man
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Love the jug.
          Georgia

Comment

I don’t know much about tokens but that jug is fantastic
            South Carolina

Comment

Good lookin pieces.
              Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice I always see pieces of the pots but never found a whole one yet
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• fldwlkr
                  fldwlkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, they are always broke. This one was completely buried and upside down. The "freeze thaw" didn't get it.

Cool finds! Love jumping into local history. No matter where you live there is always a bit of history worth finding more about.
                👍😃
                Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Now you have a jug to put your rheumatis medicine ! You know, for when granny comes to visit!
                  South Dakota

Comment

What are the chances of Ceramic jug making it 80 years
                    Americana is of such value . It’s our past preserved .
                    Just a comment here…. someone is doing a great job mowing that lawn I noticed in all your posts . .

Comment

• fldwlkr
                      fldwlkr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Love my big back yard. Trails and a creek back in the woods. I am blessed to be the steward over a few acres. Pickin' wild raspberries this morning.

That's awesome. Buddy of mine found one, intact, this winter. It had a clothes pin inside. I told him it held somebody's stash of old cash, but it deteriorated, lol. Who knows.

Good score
                    Western Kentucky

Comment

Working...
                    X