2021 Finds / Things that followed me home this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Finds / Things that followed me home this year

I haven't contributed much to the site of late. (since I haven't found a rock since May!) One of my worst years for artifacts with only 21 entries in the log book. I did find a basal notched point, a crude celt and I'll throw the clay pipe in here even though it's not Native production.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9114 (1024x915).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	601558
    Luckily, I have a plan B and was able to collect some cool historic items. 113 things logged in that category.

Name:	DSC_0277.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	601559
    A couple fiddle back spoons in nickel silver, a nice monogrammed silver spoon, a mercury dime and a few other bits of silver. How a plated knife from the Rittenhouse Hotel got out here I'll never know.

Name:	DSC_0279.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	601560
    Scored a Pullman Porter hat badge and small brass button from his jacket. I always get excited when I stumble on the military collar pins and buttons.

Name:	DSC_0283.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	601561
    The trade tokens and tax tokens were a new category of study for me this year. The 1 chiao coin from Tiawan had me scratching my head. They haven't used those since the early 50's and how did it find its way to a ravine in Ohio? No review would be complete without some bottles.

Name:	DSC_0287.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	601562?
    Several unique hand tooled bottles including a 3 in One oil bottle and a warranted flask with that nice pink patina.

Name:	DSC_0291.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	601563
    The WW Brady soda from Columbus and Bee Bee mineral bottle were new additions and I''m always a sucker for pre-prohibition beers. Always happy to find something and the wife tolerates the mud I drag in so I have nothing to complain about. Hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving, fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Nice stuff. Finding a celt helps some in a down year I would think. I didn't have much luck up in this part of the state either. The year isn't over yet though. Keep at it.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• fldwlkr
      fldwlkr commented
      Editing a comment
      Tough year but I did find a few things to study.

Not to bad a year at all.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

nice year.
      Utah

Comment

Good show .love the old tokens.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• fldwlkr
          fldwlkr commented
          Editing a comment
          A history lesson from the ground for me. That's why I enjoy the hobby... discover something then research it.

Wow. What a haul. 1st thing that really caught my eye was the Pullman Porter’ item— that’s gotta be scarce. Never seen one in many years cruising shops. Great year!

Comment

• fldwlkr
          fldwlkr commented
          Editing a comment
          I have several buttons from the train service uniforms. The hat badge made my day.

Looks like you found a lot! Nice year
        South Carolina

Comment

I forgot the ceramic jug and butter crock. First complete ceramic pieces I have uncovered. The freeze/thaw always gets them.

Name:	DSC_9132 (1024x683).jpg
Views:	170
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	601713
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Good ,Year!
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Some very cool relics.
              California

Comment

Now that’s a good year . Come on I only find a few points a year in the spring . Celt thumbs up .
                love that jug just love that.
                And of course those bottles .
                Hey that basal notch would make it in my case .

Comment

• fldwlkr
                  fldwlkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I usually log twice as many Native artifacts, but I take what I can find. The notched point is my largest piece to date at 3 and 1/4 inches. Had me dancing and singing praises in a ravine.

Great finds Tim, love the jug and the spoons! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

• fldwlkr
                  fldwlkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. Hope you have a great Christmas too !
              Working...
              X