Name:	F9631D8C-70DF-48C4-9D3C-AB94C921D01E.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	602068
    Starts
    11-26-2021
    Ends
    11-26-2021

Long ago this was an ironing board they would have used and a wash stick next to it . On a hunt lease there are a few old cabins from the late 1800,s according to graves found and history printed in Stewart and Webster county Georgia . This guy goes and pulls out boards for beams in a cabin he is building . Adding a rustic look for his Native American wife .
    I actually got a kick out of the thin part . Very good for sleeves and pant legs !
    Wayne thought it was a surf board when I showed it to him . Ummmmm yeah !

Comment

That's a cool old piece Tam! Find some points!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Those folks were a tough breed..They didn’t whine about anything..Just kept praying and pushing forward..I love the way those old pieces speak to me..
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes that was my Father . We could never complain ! Eat what’s on or plate .
          What do you mean it’s cold !!! Just shut up mostly listen and learn .

Nope it’s hunting season . Plus the leaves .
        picking up chips on a logging trial to a stand

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a quartz point between your fingers in the pic

Looks like my kinda place...my hunting buddies wife picks up flakes also...she must have 5 bucket in the garage. I told her about rock tumbling/lapidary and gave her a couple polished flakes and hes like "oh thanks alot" lol...now hes building her a rock tumbling station...good hunting Tam sounds like the rut is on down in Georgia...first one is just ending here in Neastern, Illinois...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Not any big bucks ! Only 6 pointers and those are small is Georgia too . Up N a buck could have a lot more mass /size

Comment

Hope you find some Stewart County (or close by) artifacts Tam, yeah I know it's hunting season there but you never know.
            🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Hope you are enjoying your time in GA! The board is nice. I love looking in old homes. We definitely live a different life now and enjoy numerous inventions even our parents didn’t have.
              South Carolina

Comment

That ironing board is so cool. Is it still prety smooth from use. I have a gasoline iron somewhere if you decide to use the board.
                SE IA

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Omg I cannot imagine .

• Fla.Hillbilly
                  Fla.Hillbilly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a old coal burning iron.

Cool stuff tam. Love rustic frontier things from the past and story’s that go with em. Looks like ya could mount leather bindings on it and could be a primitive snowshoe. I’d love to have a pair of original’ 1800s Levi’s’ jeans them old boards creased back in the Day— worth thousands $ relic hunters actually hunt for Levi’s’ in old abandoned mines.

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you ever go lot Evergreen Colorado off the main road I 70 ? They have 3500 sq ft antique place . She brings in things from Norway ( giant chest hand carved ) You would flip . Saw ma pair of fur boots for walking in snow up over the knees . Crazy old stuff .

Hope it’s still there .

The Japanese use to buy our old worn out Levi’s on Ebay a couple decades ago . The more worn out the higher the price . $100-$200
                maybe back in the 90’s I can’t remember I didn’t do it .

Comment

Working...
                X