Another one for you all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one for you all!

So heres another item i picked up for my collection that i can not find hardly any information on. Except that the bank did exist in the early 1900s but was soon closed, bought or shut down. But its a CD certificate from the Choctaw National Bank of the Caddo. I just thought it was unique and wanted it and it really wasnt expensive i thought. I questioned the seller about it and she said i could go have it authenticated and if it was not real then she would refund my money x 2. I havent done this simply bc the cost to authenticate it would probably exceed the price i paid, what its worth, and the money back x 2 i was offered. Idk really. We have nobody close that offers that service either. But like my other item i posted about, i liked it and wether or not its genuine or not i sometimes just get them anyways as a conversation piece or filler for my collection. Have yall ever seen any of these or heard of them? Theres very little historical information about that bank online, much less the bank notes from there. Thanks again guys
    Attached Files

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7I0AA...5R/s-l1600.jpg https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/8FgAA...p4/s-l1600.jpg https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PQcAA...YX/s-l1600.jpg #1 $35 #2 $65 #3 $18.50

Comment

Paleo you have an eye for cool interesting western frontier stuff. My Recommendation. When cruising for stuff— Always carry a decent magnifying lens— 10x loupe is best. Learn about old Paper processing and types and early printing processes. Also learn about the beginning of Photography and the stages of technology and materials used. With today’s state of art Photocopy technology forgeries of Early paper documents and things are harder to detect!— but theres 2 things they typically can’t reproduce!! The types of Early Acid paper. And the printing process of actual wood or metal formed Blocks etc that created the often multi color images and lettering. The printing blocks or Rolls were literally pressed onto the pigments and then pressed on the paper creating images that almost appear photo like. The Quality was amazing. A 10x loupe will always show the tiny Digital dots that make up the print subject. There’s bunch of resource sites dedicated this that are worth using. Happy hunting

Comment

• PaleoSnow
        PaleoSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Thats some really useful information. I did recently buy a new 10x loupe with led lights. I had originally purchased a 45x not knowing exactly what i needed. I was thinking the more power the better i guess. Not the case! 10x is perfect for my artifacts, coins, cards, ect. Il deff be more cautious in future purchases. I did know the risk i was taking with both of these items but wanted them regardless because of their themes i guess youd call it. Cool factor! And i dont have alot invested in them either. Maybe $75-$85 in both items together. But hey, that would have bought a really nice display case that i always need more of. I do alot of tother old and interesting collectables that are in fact real and id also share if yall are interested in seeing them. Some comics,cards, old indian tobacco items, native american advertising items, ect. Not even sure what all i have in my safe! All kinda of things!

Well I couldn’t say your treasure is authentic—but it honestly appears to be an Old Uncirculated’ Mint Bank Note— and they do exist! Gun Safe— mine weighs 2500lbs empty. On top that I live in a gated community, in small Culdesac’ of 15 homes—with 5 retired LO’s including myself and 2 still active duty. My wife works from home—her office overlooks front of home and our 100 lb Pit/Lab Mix lays beside her all day. I guess if someone wanted to experience how Idaho deals with sticky fingers—- they’re coming to the right place.

Comment

• PaleoSnow
        PaleoSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. I see your point! Ive never been robbed or felt like i may be but i like to keep my goodies protected just in case! Or from fire damage possibly. I couldnt tell you how much my safe weighs….i just know its heavy and if i ever move, im leaving it and will just buy a new one and have delivered! Hahah. Id love to display all my cases in a spare room but i feel like if my home was broken into that would be the first thing taken. Not willing to take that chance and i can always just get them out and admire them when i want.

Just a few other of my whatnots i mentioned. Ill try and get pics of more of my stuff tonight maybe. Thats just half of my 3’x4’ display case. I had to trim way down to meet size requirements. Sorry for bad pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok found few more pics on phone of few things. I have several more new spoons too. Most sterling silver. The two totems are pewter. Middle is hand carved. Hope yall like. Ive got so much more stuff. Just no pics at moment
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a cool piece. It's in amazing shape. I would hate to think someone would fake something so vague. I could see the currency being faked, but a deposit slip? I have family in Caddo county. The Museum of the Great Plains in Lawton, Ok would probably have good info. They have items and displays from all time periods of area.

Comment

• PaleoSnow
            PaleoSnow commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll definitely look into that! Thanks for the info. I wont be to disappointed even is isn’t authentic. I still like it regardless!

Oh yeah, I really dig the AIM patch, One of my cousins was involved with the movement back in the day.

Comment

• PaleoSnow
            PaleoSnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow. Ive got a few books about that movement in my cart online but never got around to purchasing them. Im very interested in that subject-movement and you rarely hear anything about it! Feds want to keep that one swept under the rug i guess you could say! Lol
        Working...
        X