Comments and HO race cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments and HO race cars

This may be another long winded post. So go ahead and roll your eyes. But hear me out. Arrowheads.com is an excellent place to show and tell, a place to learn, and make good, like minded friends. I’m sure some people come here to just show off. Others see this as a place to brag. Some believe it’s a place to see whose point is the biggest. Though some of that does happens, I have found much sincerity here. So let those believe what they want.
    All of our Artifacts or collectables do no good sitting in a box in the closet, where no one ever gets to see them. Mine included. This surely is a place to share our stuff. My Father not only collected Artifacts. Dad was an auctioneer and collected lots of nice things. He has passed this idea on to me. So I have many collectables. Pictured is my collection of HO electric race cars from as far back as the early sixties. Some of these are very rare and very pricey. I have been collecting these since I was about 13. And will buy more if I get the chance. I have the first two cars
    that came with my original set from 1965. These all still work, I'm also an HO car mechanic Enjoy, Kim
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4006[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.5 KB ID:	614369Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4011[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	614370Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4012[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	151.5 KB ID:	614371Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4013[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	154.5 KB ID:	614372
    Last edited by Mattern; 02-11-2022, 01:28 PM. Reason: Correction
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

nice collection kim. a co worker a few years back collected ones like these he would go to the park on Saturdays and set a table up to share his collection, he sparked many of folks intrest in collecting.
    Utah

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Some adult friend and I used to get together for racing meets. I had a high bank oval and put up a drag strip We would compete until we found out who had the fastest car. I tweaked some of mine to get them faster. We had classes in the competition. Thanks for looking Smbore. K

Cool collection Kim . Brings back memories of racing at my friend Rick's house.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      It was lots of fun wasn't it Hoss. I'm glad this brought back some fond memories for you. K

Brings back memories..Dad had the first hobby shop in town in the sixties..Cars , radio controlled planes, etc.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man Hal you had it all. I can remember when we would go to town where there was a hobby shop. Besides the race cars and models was the next best,, Build your own Estes Rockets. Wow what memories.

Nice collection. My son still has many of his but no track.
    SE IA

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad he saved his. I have loads of track, if you look at antique markets you can still find it. K

Great post Kim. We don’t have a good hobby shop in Kalamazoo anymore. I remember looking in the old hobby shop for hours as a kid. A ten dollar bill burning a hole in my pocket from cutting grass could buy some cool stuff at that mom & pop shop.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Trav.

Thanks for sharing Kim, good point about sharing, your right, sharing my artifacts with y'all makes them happy, they are sacred objects that found me, they like to be seen, shared, and compared, to other similar styles and areas found, it's great fun sharing and seeing what other folks find,
    im an old AFX Aurora guy myself, we have a few of the same cars, I'm particularly fond of the can-am cars and have most of them, here is a current pic of my front runners
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LongStride; 02-12-2022, 08:19 AM.
    2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      You do have a couple I don't have. Nice you saved them LS.

I have a big point. Love The Cars! Buddy of mine is into those. Seen dayglo yellow Italian car jump track and shatter, ha. Actually J L released some years back and I remember seeing g a guys case full of the WL's. Nice Collection You have. Really like bottom pic with muscle cars.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      The ones you like are super cars I supped up. Special motors just for drag racing. Those three were in very bad condition, I salvaged them and turned them into fast muscle cars. Glad you like them Josh.
Working...
X