Hobby 14 Samurai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby 14 Samurai

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	618568Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	618566Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	618569Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	618570 With legs shot I can no longer forge a large blade. Gave my son everything and showed him everything I know and he is getting good. Last Dec. I thought I would try making a small blade and being a Samurai sword collector I thought I would try a minature. Forged this out of a old chissel and is 9 in long as the real is 48 in.. Found making the fittings harder to make than the blade. Makes a razorblade feel dull. All fittings are hand made and the tsuba was the hardest along with the handle wraping, couldn't find linen small enough. At least it kept me busy for several mths.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.9 KB ID:	618567
    Last edited by oldrocks2; 03-06-2022, 01:08 AM. Reason: Add photo.
    SE IA

Love hand forged blades

Comment

That’s beautiful...They’ve always facilitated me👍
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Agree with Hal, Beautiful
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Beautiful ... Did you make it from a hand forged damascus billet ? That is the traditional time honored Japanese method ...

Comment

• oldrocks2
            oldrocks2 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, I forged it from an old chisel.

• oldrocks2
            oldrocks2 commented
            Editing a comment
            No authentic samurai swords were made of damascus.

Very nice, good work
          2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

That’s really nice. Looks like it would be a good fish fillet knife too. Fun to watch “Forged in Fire”.
            South Dakota

Comment

Hey Hal, That is great work on the sword.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Wow, you've got skill! I think you have a chance to win Forged in Fire.
                South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                X