Collecting from the Stone Age to the Atomic Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting from the Stone Age to the Atomic Age

I have many collecting bugs that I can’t find a cure for. One of those bugs is military collectibles. The strangest and rarest of my finds has to be the Davy Crockett Weapons System tactical nuclear warhead. No need to worry folks it’s a rare inert training dummy. The black warhead is pictured on it’s display stand next to two other inert pieces of ordinance down in my bar. The operational firecracker had a yield equivalent to 20 tons of TNT. Definitely a conversation starter and a rare find indeed. Thought I’d share a few pics. You can Google “Davy Crockett Weapons System” for more info. Thanks for taking a look.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

My father got his eardrums blown out sent home and went to work for R E McKee in El Paso Texas. He worked on the first road to Los Alamos, and the first buildings. He then went to White Sands then on to Las Vegas where he was building test sites before Trinity was detonated in New Mexico. I was born in Las Vegas but left soon after as cold war construction was booming and my father had lots of work. The last photo is the largest piece of Trinitite know to exist I think, soon to be in my collection I hope.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I bet your dad had some stories to tell. Very cool collection you have.
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Working...
      X