Wednesdays Hunt - Indian Head Cent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesdays Hunt - Indian Head Cent

My first hunt this year. Got out wednesday for a short hunt at an early 1800's homestead site located on a hilltop in a pasture near me. The site was probably occupied until the very early 1900's. I probably won't find a lot there but what I do find should be old. Found lots of old cast iron junk and this nice 1892 indian head cent. Made my day. Daryl

Great find. Those are really fun to find. Keep it going and that is in beautiful shape. Nice coin.

Comment

SWEET! Ive found a few kickin around downtown charleston and its always a blast! that one looks really clean! nice job!

Comment

Daryl - I was a coin collector back in my Navy days and long before I got caught up in arrowheads but that is one fine coin.  Did you clean it up or is that the orig condx.  I'm impressed at the quality.  Super find.  Chuck
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Real good shape! ya can read liberty on headband, didnt see too much pocket-time! xf to au details! Shouldnt clean! You may be able to get some of the crud off of it by soaking in olive oil for a week or two. Clean it shiny will destroy the value. Mark.

Comment

I sure like those old pennys. The Indian heads are the best. I like them a lot more than what we have today.

Comment

Scorpion68 wrote:

Daryl - I was a coin collector back in my Navy days and long before I got caught up in arrowheads but that is one fine coin.  Did you clean it up or is that the orig condx.  I'm impressed at the quality.  Super find.  Chuck
                The only cleaning done to this is with a soft toothbrush under running water. That is all the cleaning it will get. I've never found a way to remove the green patina without destroying the condition of the coin.

Comment

Working...
              X