X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plains Indian Wars Era

Plains Indian Wars Era

Images not found

Thanks for showing 11kbp!! will you be at the SAF?
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Cool stuff! Imagine chunks like that hurtling through the air at ya!
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Personal find? very cool finds.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I get a chance to hunt near a military fort a couple times a year,  so am hoping to find something like that.  There were no military battles fought at this fort,  but they still
          trained here a lot.      Nice artifacts.
          South Dakota

Comment

chase wrote:

Thanks for showing 11kbp!! will you be at the SAF?
              I don't believe we will attend the SAF this year Chase.

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Personal find? very cool finds.
                Yes Greg, personal finds of either mine or my dad’s. Over the years I have hunted this site more than he has but I have not kept track of who finds specific bullets.

Comment

Dang 11kbp, those detectors look new compared to mine. But they look like Whites. That is neat to see those finds.Sorry to hear you wont be there at the SAF.

Comment

Thanks for the additional pics! I've always been fascinated by the nineteenth century westward expansion across America and to see pics like yours and Chases of personal finds from that era is like icing on the cake. Took a road trip years ago and dragged the family out in the middle of nowhere to visit one of the forts in western Nebraska. There was hardly anything remaining of the fort and a couple of informational signs but to stand there and scan the horizon for 360 degrees and attempt to visualize what life was like for all involved out there just blew me away.

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Thanks for the additional pics! I've always been fascinated by the nineteenth century westward expansion across America and to see pics like yours and Chases of personal finds from that era is like icing on the cake. Took a road trip years ago and dragged the family out in the middle of nowhere to visit one of the forts in western Nebraska. There was hardly anything remaining of the fort and a couple of informational signs but to stand there and scan the horizon for 360 degrees and attempt to visualize what life was like for all involved out there just blew me away.
                    Greg, I wish I was in the same league as 11KBP,  I do enjoy that era as well.

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

I've always been fascinated by the nineteenth century westward expansion across America and to see pics like yours and Chases of personal finds from that era is like icing on the cake. Took a road trip years ago and dragged the family out in the middle of nowhere to visit one of the forts in western Nebraska. There was hardly anything remaining of the fort and a couple of informational signs but to stand there and scan the horizon for 360 degrees and attempt to visualize what life was like for all involved out there just blew me away.
                        Greg with the interest you have of that time period and region I highly recommend you read the book The Indian War of 1864 by Captain Eugene F. Ware, a very well written detailed firsthand account of military life and excitement of the era. This particular reference was the cause of my driving interest for researching and hunting Indian War sites of the 1860’s and 70’s in Nebraska as well as eastern Colorado.

Comment

Thanks, the books in the journal and on the to read list!

Comment

Wow that's a whole lotta stoop and dig.
                          My back hurts thinking about it.
                          Jess B.
                          It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                          It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                          Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                          X