NY Ulster CO Militia Site Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Ulster CO Militia Site Finds

On Oct 12th 1777 the capital of NY was Kingston, NY. On this day 4 days before the British burned Kingston all the colonial government records were loaded on 10 wagons and moved into the countryside.. These records were stored in a home along the creek and were protected by group of approximately 30-60 Ulster Co militia men who set up camp for several weeks protecting these documents..With all the research i have done and having some very knowledgeable historians look at this collection we have come to the conclusion that these artifacts come from this particular militia campsite.. The coins are all British coppers dating back to william and mary along with 1 spanish silver and what i think is a piece of 8..I thought it would be nice to keep all this stuff together like this..thanks for looking.. Ron
    My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

That's a fascinating frame! Very cool! I would keep it all together too. A lot of early American history in that frame! What's that big piece top right? It kinda looks like the end of a sword scabard?
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I believe it is the end of a sword scabbard.. I have some other bigger things that that i couldn't fit in the case also..  Lots more british coppers to..I was the first to detect this site but after people seeing me out in this field detecting many more guys started hunting it and i heard one of them found a barrel to a musket.and some other silver spanish coins.. The piece on the bottom right is the lock plate and pan of what i think is off a pistol..
      My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

That is way cool too! All that history personally found by you!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

WOW Ron, That's a very nice collection. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

[quote=hvs post=133456I [I]thought it would be nice to keep all this stuff together like this[/I]..thanks for looking.. Ron
              A fine assemblage from a very early American historic site Ron ...glad to see you are keeping it together.

Comment

That's a fabulous collection of artifacts from that one site. The display is great and Thanks for sharing .
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

history in yer hands! great assemblage! i really like the scabbard end piece, think it could have belonged to an officer? that'd be cool!
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Thanks guys.. Soon as the corn gets cut ill be back out swinging my detector hoping to find more artifacts to add to the collection..

Comment

Working...
                  X