Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a new site to metal detect today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a new site to metal detect today..

Took a walk today to this remote stream down in a really steep gorge looking for artifacts.. Didnt find any but i did find a crash site.. The plane must have crashed about 300 yards above the stream as i found the cockpit there, 100 yards below that is the tail section and another 100 yards down is the engine lying in the stream.. Thinking maybe but not sure what i could find metal detecting on this crash site..

My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Wow!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

It might be interesting to find out.
      Are you prepared to find out who the pilot and possible passengers were? :dunno:
      Anything you found would likely be from the deceased.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Did some research on the net and found a list of plane crashes in NY ,,  It crashed in Ellenville, NY 1966,  pilot was killed and it was a  boeing E75 double winger..
        aviation, safety, accidents, crashes, plane, aircraft, photos, black box, database, safety recommendations, accident cause

My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

It will be interesting to see what you find.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

hvs If you do detect that site make sure to look for iron objects also. You may find lighters, pocket knifes and possibly an old hand gun.
            Take care though if you run into a tank. They were used as crop dusters back then and the chemicals they used were nasty.
            If the pilot was an ex military pilot you may also find his dog tags as some wore then for quite a while after the war.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Good luck in the hunt.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

2ndoldman wrote:

hvs If you do detect that site make sure to look for iron objects also. You may find lighters, pocket knifes and possibly an old hand gun.
                Take care though if you run into a tank. They were used as crop dusters back then and the chemicals they used were nasty.
                If the pilot was an ex military pilot you may also find his dog tags as some wore then for quite a while after the war.
                Thanks for the advice.. Its going to be interesting hunting this site. Going to start this weekend and ill post anything interesting that i find..

Comment

Working...
                X